What we’re about
Who we are:
Burlington Ski and Outing Club (BSOC) was formed in 1991 and is a local group of outdoor enthusiasts. Adults of all ages are welcome to join. Our current membership includes many healthy, active, retired and semi-retired people. Our outings are supportive and non-competitive in nature. If you like to get outdoors and be active, this is a great group.
What we do:
• **Outdoor Sports—**BSOC plans and leads a full schedule of X-country outings and posts downhill Meetups throughout the winter season. We meet up for hiking, bicycling, and paddling activities in the off season. We are all volunteers, so any club member can organize an outing; you don't need to be an expert!
• Social activities— Our ski season starts with a Kickoff Party in early December. You can meet us and join the club at this event. We also have a holiday party and a Spring party.
Meetup group members who have paid annual club dues can participate in all of our sport activities and our social activities. You are welcome to attend sport activities during your Meetup trial period but will be charged a fee to attend social activities. When your trial period expires you will be expected to either pay dues or leave the group. We encourage all members to join both our Meetup group, which is our main method of communication, and our club which is our only source of operating funds.
Three ways to pay dues:
• Through Meetup – First join our Meetup group. After you have completed your profile, you will see a "pay dues" button on the left side panel. Click and follow the instructions for paying online.
• In person at our annual Kickoff Party. Details will appear on this Meetup page. Join the Meetup group either just before or just after the Kick-off party to allow time for us to record your payment on Meetup before your trial period ends.
• By Mail – First join our Meetup group. Then copy the BSOC Registration Form below and paste it into a Word document. Print and follow the instructions on the form. Mail the form and check as soon as possible after joining to allow time for us to record your payment on Meetup before your trial period ends.
Club Dues: $12 per person. Current members renew between October 1st and January 15th. New members pay dues when they join at any time of year.
Join our Meet-Up group: Click “Join this group” on our home page.
BSOC Registration for Year ________
Please print all information New Member___ Returning___
Name___________________________________ Name on Meet-Up ____________________
Phone____________________ E-mail address ______________________________________
Winter: Downhill _____ X-Country _____ Back Country _____ Snow Shoe _____
Other Seasons: Hiking _____ Bicycling ______ Paddling _________
Dues: ____ I have paid on Meetup
____ I have enclosed a $ 12 check made out to Burlington Ski & Outing Club
Please mail this form to:
D-4 Stonehedge Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403
If paying by check please mail form and payment by the January 15 deadline