What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
NOTE RE: COVID PROTOCOLS: We will be walking in fairly close proximity to one another, so masks covering both nose and mouth are required to be worn at all times during the event. This event is limited to 15 participants. Please RSVP early. If your plans change, be sure to change your RSVP status to No so someone on the waiting list can attend.
This month, we'll meet at Morningstar Lutheran's labyrinth. The labyrinth is located near the Morningstar chapel, which is a small, white clapboard building on Idlewild Rd, and is not on the main Morningstar Lutheran Church campus. It's about 1/4 mile down the road. The labyrinth is set back from the road, and is located right near the graveyard.
• The walk will be facilitated by Ellen Reich, a long-time member of this group who recently went through the Labyrinth Facilitator training offered by Veriditas. I will be at the event as well assisting Ellen if needed.
• There's ample parking in the lot right near the labyrinth (not in front of the chapel itself). The parking lot entrance isn't well marked, but if you use the entrance in front of the chapel and follow the gravel road, you'll get to it.
• There's plenty seating on a low stone wall around this labyrinth. Consider bringing a cushion or blanket if you want to be more comfy sitting on it. Because of Covid, however, we'll ask you to sit at least 6 feet apart.
• The walk itself should take up to an hour, with a few minutes of conversation before and after we walk. Timing is dependent on group size and participation level, so plan on about 1 1/2 hours.
• If you're new to labyrinths, here's a great place to start learning: http://www.veriditas.org/New-to-the-Labyrinth
• If you'd like to learn more about your host, here's an article from the October 2016 edition of Natural Awakenings: http://awakeningcharlotte.com/wp-content/issues/201610.pdf#view=Fit
• Each labyrinth walk is different, not only in location. I'll add a few new elements and questions here and there, mixing things up a bit, and doing what feels right in the moment, for the people who are present.
See you on the path...