Spring Cloud Gateway aims to provide a simple, yet effective way to route to APIs and provide cross cutting concerns to them such as: security, monitoring/metrics, and resiliency. Join Spring Cloud Core project co-founder and lead Spencer Gibb, as he will show us the latest in the Spring Cloud Gateway project.
Spring Cloud Gateway core features that Spencer will cover include:
- Built on Spring Framework 5, Project Reactor and Spring Boot 2.0
- Able to match routes on any request attribute.
- Predicates and filters are specific to routes.
- Hystrix Circuit Breaker integration.
- Spring Cloud DiscoveryClient integration
- Easy to write Predicates and Filters
- Request Rate Limiting
- Path Rewriting
5:30 - 6:00 - Networking, food and drinks
6:00 - 7:00 - Speaker's Presentation
7:00 - 7:30 - Q&A
Spencer Gibb is a Principal Software Engineer for Pivotal, Inc. where he is the co-founder and lead of the Spring Cloud Core projects.
His interests include distributed systems, jvm languages, web services frameworks, message-driven architectures and making software development simpler.
He has industry experience in early e-commerce platforms, government and non-profit organizations, and business intelligence startups. He has extensive java experience and experience in other languages such as scala and python.
His blog is located at https://gibb.tech