What we're about
We are a diverse and inclusive group of plant-powered, adventure-seeking, multi-racial, mixed-aged folks who work hard to live healthy and play even harder!.
We don't believe in being "too old" to try something new or "too young" to try something old school.
If you are looking to hang with a group that "steps outside of their comfort zone" to embrace a new sport, activity, challenge, food, culture...you found the right group.
#PantherNation is our name....#BERELENTLESS is our game
We organize "FitTrips" that have a vegan flavor. We are socially conscious about the food we eat to fuel ourselves and the locations/environment we visit.
We hike, cycle, mountain bike, kayak, EAT, paddle board, ski, horseback ride, fly kites, mini golf...
WHAT'S ON YOUR LIST? Let us know and we'll try and work it in!
Upcoming events (4+)
Panther Training Tactical Self-Protection Classes
FOUR TRAINING OBJECTIVES:
1) Workshop- Get your FOID CARD
2) Register for your CCL- 2022 class (Next openings for classes start JUNE). Save your spot by early registration only EIGHT students per class.
3) THURSDAY (7pm - 8pm) VIRTUAL & LIVE CLASSES:
Instruction: Learn to use (offense) and defend against: handguns, tasers, pepper spray, pepper gels, asp, clubs, knives, bows, etc.
You will be creating and practicing your customized self-protection and home safety/survival plan and situational awareness responses.
4) Qualify for Tactical Camp, 2022 (By invitation)
Virtual Classes: $20/ hr.
Range Instruction & Coaching: $50* (w/ FOID & CCL)
Range Instruction & Coaching: $70* (w/ FOID only or NO FOID)
PAY THRU THE APP located on the website: panthertraining.co
*You will be required to have (buy or rent) protective eye & ear wear
*Firearm rental (If you do not have a FOID card and your own weapon)
*You will need to purchase ammunition (1 box-50 rounds) for your practice.
*Rental of the bey (range lane) for practice.
Contact Claudia Gunter
Or Jose Gunter
Tactical Self-Protection Classes
There are VARIOUS STEPS TO TAKE TO QUALIFY FOR RANGE TIME & PANTHER TRAINING TACITAL & COMBAT CAMP IN OCT. 2022 LEVELS
LEVEL ONE: (This is done virtually and one-on-one)
- Step1) Need help to acquire your FOID card.
- Step 2) Have your FOID card but need help to complete CCL
- Step 3) Have your FOID card and a current CCL (no range exp.) Need the fire arm safety, techniques and self-protection practice.
- Step 1) Have a FOID card, current CCL but NO fire arm. Need or want coaching and assistance to purchase the proper fire arm. Need coaching with proper use and dry firing. You have limited or no time (after your CCL range time) on a firing range.
- Step 2) Visited various gun shops w/ a range to practice (with a rental or personal fire arm) technique and accuracy. NEED A COACH to assist with safe handling, storage, cleaning, and your stance, grip, line of fire (front sight), accuracy, etc.
- Step 3) Range time practice is a minimum of 10 hrs.
QUALIFYING FOR THE TACTICAL & COMBAT CAMP: OCT. 7-9th, 2022
Step 1) You have your FOID, CCL, Fire arm, protective ear & eye wear
Step 2) You have over a minimum of 40 hrs. of fire arm safety, cleaning & storing and range time, etc.
Step 3) You have shot over 100 live rounds at a range and can show an accuracy of 70 % of the rounds fired on a target 7 - 25 yards away. SAVE your targets.
Step 4) You show the Tactical Coach (Jose Gunter) proficiency and readiness for attending the Panther Training Tactical and Combat Camp
- By September 2022- ALL legal documents are current and valid
- FOID card, CCL, and CCL Insurance (ex. USCCA), registered with Panther Training and completed a Participant Profile and Liability Waiver in the app.
- Logged over 40 hours on fire arm safety, dry firing and situational awareness practice
- Have 100 + rounds on a target range(s) - SAVE your schedule and receipts.
- Show a 70% accuracy on the target range(s) - SAVE your targets
THE THURSDAY AGENDA FOR LEVELS 1 & 2 ARE POSTED IN OUR SCHEDULE VIA OUR WEBSITE & APP: ( panthertraining.co )
AGENDA FOR ALL LEVELS:
THURS. (7pm) VIRTUAL & LIVE CLASSES (location TBD):
- Status updates on your progress toward required FOID, CCL documents.
- Class topics and training:
- How safe is your home, car, workplace, social gatherings?
- Personal safety, Situational safety, Personal Protect Weapons & Instructions (and practice) on how to use: a taser, pepper spray, asp, club, knife/edge weapons, bow, night stick, blinding lights, claw, etc.
- Protecting yourself in your home and car: what are the laws in IL?
- PRACTICE using the self-protection weapons you have to USE against someone or to prevent and / or recover if used against YOU.
RANGE TIMES DURING THE WEEK BY APPT w/ Jose Gunter:
Thursday's & Friday's starting at 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
You must be at LEVEL 2 (FOID card) and BOOK your time with Jose.
March & April Range dates w/ tutoring and practice:
Thurs., March 24th
Fri., March 25th
Thurs., April 7th
Fri., April 8th
Thurs. April 21st
Thurs. April 28th
Fri., April 29th
INFORMATION FOR PANTHER TRAINING TACTICAL & COMBAT CAMP:
PRE-REGISTRATION- SEE CLAUDIA G.
THERE MAY BE A BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED
Must be 21+ yrs. old
Current: State ID, FOID, CCL, CCL Insurance, Profile & Waiver
Completed: 40 hrs. safety, 100 hrs. range, 70% accuracy
Camp: Three (3) days, two (2) nights
Transportation: Renting a 12 passenger BUS
(Lv. Chicago 4:00 a.m. Fri. 10/7- arrive in MS 10:00 a.m.
Lv. MS at 12:00 p.m. , stop in IN and back to Chicago by 8:00 p.m.)
Location: Duck Hill, MS on over 180 acres of mostly wooded terrain
Lodging: Duck Hill, MS Indoors/home rental and outdoors/camp
Meals: Home cooked: Fri. PM Dinner outdoor BBQ, Sat. AM Breakfast, PM Dinner, Sun. AM Breakfast and lunch before hitting the road. (There will be vegan and some non-vegan options).
Budget: Qualified (or qualifying) participants will get an itinerary and an equipment list weekend of items (clothing and outdoor gear to pack for three days.)
ALL TRAINING FEES and EQUIPMENT PAYMENTS WILL BE PROCESSED THRU THE PANTHER TRAINING APP
Contact Claudia Gunter
Or Jose Gunter
ZOOM LINK / PASSWORD FOR VIRTUAL CLASSES FOR VETTED & VERIFIED PARTICIPANTS ONLY.
I fell in LOVE with this BEAUTIFUL and STUNNING place.
The Anderson Japanese Gardens are so breathe-taking we spent the better part of the day there just walking, sitting, meditating, reflecting, observing, laughing and eating.
The 12-acres are impeccable and the variety of gardens to see are amazing. Think "Frank Lloyd Wright Meets 16th Century Japan."
The designer is Hoichi Kurisu. Check out his impressive designs.
Now that I have given a glowing review...you HAVE to see it for yourself!!
Come on out and enjoy a light lunch too. You can eat at Frescos at the Gardens (their restaurant), depending on their 2022 menu, we MAY seek out a great vegan cafe' in downtown Rockford, IL not too far from the gardens.
Reservations aren't required...but...I HIGHLY recommend we call ahead for an 11:00 a.m. entry (now that the timed-entry requirement has been dropped, it will get crowded fast).
GARDEN TICKETS: $12 - $25/ adults (discounts for children & seniors)
I will be checking on group prices so stay tuned.
GARDEN TOUR: STARTS @11:00 a.m.
LUNCH: $$ TBD OR BYOL
WE NEED A MINIMUM of 10 RIDERS TO KEEP THE COST AT $40/ RT (includes gas surcharge)
SIGN UP STARTS THURSDAY, MAY 12TH, SIGN-UP !!
TRANSPORTATION: Leave Chicago (39th & Mandrake Park @39th & Oakwood) at 9:00 a.m.
***We can make a second stop for those living NORTH of the LOOP, by RSVP only. P/up at 9:30 a.m.
STARTING THURSDAY, MAY 12th Reserve your spot ONLINE:
OBSIDIAN RISING: https://transportation.obsidianrising.com/explore/
Look for Anderson Japanese Gardens link. Click & Pay
Arrive back in Chicago at APPROX. 2:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Family friendly: garden etiquette will be expected but there's lots of koi fish, ducks, cranes, frogs, turtles....Oh my!
FINAL RETREAT UPDATES - MAY 11th, 2022
The trip is booked and planned. Lodging is sold -out.
You are welcome to join us for our Sat. & Sun. activities!
Venue: Lakefront condo in the Dell Prairie Winery
We will LEAVE Chicago on (5/27) FRIDAY. at 12:00 PM
Live in or near Wisconsin Dells ?
COME ON!! Just LMK if you plan to join us for an activity, hike, food, etc.
on Friday night, Saturday or Sunday morning: $50/ weekend drop-in for fitness classes/ activities and meals!
**Extra activities like ziplining, kayak/canoe rental or amusement/water park are BYO$.
(APPROX.) RETREAT AGENDA:
Remember....this is a RELAXING weekend!! All activities are optional. Where does the FITNESS part come in???
- 4:00 PM Check -in & CHILLING
- 7:00 PM- Group Dinner w/ MOCK & COCKTAILIN'
- 8:30 PM- Late Night Walk, Swim or Chill, Movie, etc.
If you're joining us Saturday (28th):
- 6:00 AM- Morning Meditation, 8:00 AM Breakfast
- 10:00 AM- Early Hike @ Dells of WI, River State Natural Area
- 3:00 PM- Mid-day- open agenda (*Winery Tours, The Resort pool, Golfing, Waterpark, Museums, Shopping) *Waterpark may not be open. If it is, there is a ticket price. I'm working on that).
- 7:00 PM- Group dinner & shenanigans
- 9:00 PM- Resort activities, or chill.
If you are joining us Sunday (29th):
- 6:00 AM- Morning Meditation & Mindfulness (Led by Mari)
- 7:00 AM- Mat Pilates (Led by Claudia G)
- 8:00 AM- Breakfast
- 9:30 AM- Free time
- 11:00 PM- Check-out- Ladies' Brunch, Touring & Shopping - Downtown Wisc. Dells
- (Pending) 3:00 PM- Delta Boat Tours : Journey Through Wisconsin Dells: Rich Native American Heritage
- 6:00 P.M.- Heading home for Chicago
Of course, Every activity is optional so if you just choose to get away and chill; and join us for some of the activities, IT'S ALL GOOD!*
EMAIL: Claudia Gunter: email@example.com
ZELLE: [masked]- PLEASE NOTE: LADIES' WISC. DELLS RETREAT
AND WHERE THE FUNDS ARE TO BE ALLOCATED!!
MAY 13th---- LODGING PAYMENT
MAY 20th----- TRANSPORTATION FEE
FOOD & GRATUTITY
MAY 26th-------ALL BALANCES PAID IN FULL
Please READ the CANCELLATION POLICY IN YOUR MEET-UP EMAIL NOTICE of information carefully. If you have ANY questions, please feel free to contact Claudia G.
YOU CAN STILL ATTEND the DAY ACTIVIES!!