It's our December tradition - a dozen (or more) 5 minute lightning demos/talks from the members of CloudAustin and the Austin technical community!
Email ([masked]) or comment below with name and talk title to get on the list. Talks are OK, demos are better, strict 5 minute limit. Show off whatever you're working on!
Meetups that are joining us for Twelve Clouds! All are welcome.
- Austin DevOps - https://www.meetup.com/austin-devops
- Women Who Code - https://www.meetup.com/Women-Who-Code-Austin
- AWS User Group - https://www.meetup.com/Austin-AWS-Users/
- Austin Automation Professionals - https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Automation-Professionals/
- Austin Linux Meetup - https://www.meetup.com/linuxaustin/
- AWS Certification Study Group - https://www.meetup.com/AWS-certification-study-group/)
You can see previous years' 12 Clouds lineups for
and 2011 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX1BT9T2tcw).
Various other user groups will be joining us for this festive holiday celebration - if your local tech user group wants to just pile onto this instead of trying to schedule a meeting near the holidays are welcome to call this their official December meeting too, sure! Comment to the effect of "add in XX" below and then point your members to this invite! You can also post it on your own Meetup but please ask members to also RSVP here so we have a good headcount.
Because this is a large, festive event, we have room for multiple sponsors. If you have an idea of something else to sponsor, tell us! Dinner, dessert, booze, and door prizes are all good. Email [masked] for more information!
1. Boyd Hemphill - How Robin keeps Ops boring at Contrast Security
2. Darrien Rushing - Ain't no REST for the wicked and CSS injection don't grow on trees
3. JJ Asghar - Kubernetes in 5 Minutes
4. Laura Santamaria - I Borked Prod: Initial troubleshooting of distributed systems in 5 minutes or less
5. Mike Reed - How to get your team AWS Trained
6. Joseph Kokenge - The best non-AWS "AWS" documentation
7. Bertold Kolics - Demo of GitHub Actions to execute cross-browser tests on deployment
8. Shaun Mouton - Cloudy with a chance of support
9. Dev - Kubernetes Operator Maturity Model
10. Ian Mai - DevOps: People and Process before Technology
11. Wesley Faulkner - How to network effectively at events
12. Evan Niedojadlo - Changing careers: SDET to SRE (AKA from writing tests to panicking about systems)
13. Byron Miller - Why not Kubernetes
14. Nate Eliot - Evergreen Development: the Cliff Notes version
15. Matthew Brahms - Chaos Engineering your Distributed System of People
16. Chris Sanchez - Independent consulting: Being your own boss, the good, the bad, and the ugly
17. Leigh Sullivan - Responding to First Responders - On-Call for those who are On-call
- Meal: by AWS (courtesy Richard Boyd)
- Beer: Armory.io (courtesy Ian Mai)
- Dessert: Cox Automotive (courtesy Fanny Habgood)
- Eggnog: Hire In Reverse (courtesy Jonathan Schultz)
- Door Prize: Mavic Mini Drone from DroneSense (www.dronesense.com)