It's our December tradition - a dozen (or more) 5 minute lightning demos/talks from the members of CloudAustin! Comment below with name and talk title to get on the list.
You can see the previous years' 12 Clouds lineups for 2016 (https://www.meetup.com/CloudAustin/events/228918521/), 2015 (https://www.meetup.com/CloudAustin/events/226373629/), 2014 (https://www.meetup.com/CloudAustin/events/212248062/), 2013 (https://www.meetup.com/CloudAustin/events/140828762/), 2012 (http://www.eventbrite.com/e/austin-cloud-user-group-meeting-december-18-2012-tickets-4922596619), and 2011 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX1BT9T2tcw). Talks are OK, demos are better, strict 5 minute limit. Show off whatever you're working on!
Various other user groups will be joining us for this festive holiday celebration - if your local tech user group wants to just pile onto this instead of trying to schedule a meeting near the holidays are welcome to call this their official December meeting too, sure! Comment to the effect of "add in XX" below and then point your members to this invite! You can also post it on your own Meetup but please ask members to also RSVP here so we have a good headcount.
Other Meetups Joining In
• Austin DevOps (https://www.meetup.com/austin-devops/)
• Austin Automation Professionals (https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Automation-Professionals/)
• GDG Cloud Austin (https://www.meetup.com/Google-Cloud-Platform-User-Group-GCPUG-Austin/)
1. Tristan Slominski - Roll your own distributed locks on DynamoDB in 5 minutes
2. James Wickett - Lambhack: A Vulnerable Serverless Application
4. Ian Richardson: AWS Deep Learning AMI - What's in the box
5. Karthik Gaekwad: Kubernetes application monitoring with Prometheus
6. Saran Sivashanmugam: Kubernetes Networking - An Introduction
7. Burton Rheutan: OpenFaaS: Serverless functions made simple
8. Victor Trac: Cloudkite Delta
9. Revanth Anireddy: 0 to API in 120 seconds (AWS Chalice)
10. Richard Boyd: automated ms sql restore with Lambda
11. Ben Adams: Cloud Apps for Charity
12. Debbie Cerda: PostgreSQL in the Cloud -- "Database Freedom"
13. Nathaniel Eliot - "Rebuild From Scratch" - full-stack automation, and choosing your tools carefully
14. Cesar Rios: The private blockchain
15. Richard Boyd: 5 big things from Kubecon this year
16. Allan MacInnis: Real Time Data Streaming Demo with Amazon Kinesis
17. monty yao: Unifying Logs and Metrics for Serverless
18. Megha Gajbhiye: Building Bots on Oracle cloud Sponsors
Because this is a large, festive event, we have room for multiple sponsors. If you have an idea of something else to sponsor, tell us! Dinner, dessert, booze, and door prizes are all good.
Beer: Riverbed (via Peco Karayanev)
Holiday Treats: Austin Fraser
Other Grub or Booze: Command Prompt Inc. (http://www.commandprompt.com) will sponsor Other Booze in the form of wine
Door Prize 1: Alexa Home Automation Kit by Acxiom (https://www.acxiom.com/)
Door Prize 2: TBD by Beyondsoft, courtesy Eric Valenzuela
Door Prize 3: Sonos by DevOpsDays Austin, courtesy the Agile Admins (James, Karthik, and Ernest)
Door Prize 4: Austin Reserve Gin from Revolution Spirits by Command Prompt
Email ([masked]) us with more questions!