August. Summer's gotten long. The kids aren't back to school yet. People are taking vacations. It's hot. Tech meetups lag.
Meetups that are joining us!!
Austin Automation Professionals - https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Automation-Professionals
Women Who Code - https://www.meetup.com/Women-Who-Code-Austin
We have the antidote for these summer doldrums! CloudAustin's Dog Days of DevOps, like our Twelve Clouds of Christmas, is a fast, furious, fun style meetup. Last year's for review: https://www.meetup.com/CloudAustin/events/gxwbkpyxlbcc/
We'll have a dozen (or more) 5 minute lightning demos/talks delivered by all of you! To speak, comment below with your name and the talk's title and 1-sentence blurb to get on the list. Any cloudy, devopsey, containery, high-tech-y talk or demo is welcome. No sales jobs but other than that all are welcome!
Other user groups are invited to join us for the event, just email us or comment below and tell us you're in, then advertise the meeting on your own meetup or whatever.
And we need sponsors! We try to make these more festive than normal meetings so we'd love to have a food sponsor, treat sponsor, one or more booze sponsors, and people who have drawings for door prizes. So encourage your organization to sponsor and get goodwill from a big bunch of the best techies in the ATX. Want to sponsor? Let us know here: http://bit.ly/cloudaustinsponsor
Name, talk title, and blurb, 5 minutes max! Anything you know, someone else doesn't and is interested in. Sign up in the comments below with name and talk title and one-sentence blurb.
1. Bertold Kolics - Improve Quality Culture Using Visualization, Blurb: quick tips on how to engage your team better and build better quality products faster by visualizing the CI/CD pipeline
2. JJ Asghar - Don't run databases in Kubernetes
3. Paul Czarkowski - Run your databases in Kubernetes.
4. JJ Ruescas - Beyond Resilience: Using unpredictability in your favor
5. Alex Stein - What's a DevOps?
6. Devdatta Kulkarni - Platform-as-Code vs. Infrastructure-as-Code in Kubernetes world.
7. Joseph Fluckinger - Using AWS Data Migration Service to migrate to Aurora Postgres for 1/10th the cost and 2x the performance
8. Nate Eliot - BASHing on Kube for fun and profit
Because this is a large, festive event, we have room for multiple sponsors. If you have an idea of something else to sponsor tell us! Dinner, dessert, booze, and door prizes are all good.
Food Sponsor: MABL https://mabl.com, https://testingindevops.org
Dessert Sponsor: The Zebra https://www.thezebra.com/
Swag/Door Prize Sponsor 1: Sumo Logic https://www.sumologic.com/
Other Fun Thing Sponsor: