Please note the date change! It is going to take place on October 24th between 17:30-21:30
Why would you want to contribute to an Open Source project? Why is it good for you and/or for the company you work for?
* You use the project, found a bug, fixed it for your purposes, but you don't want to maintain your in-house fork.
* Your company need a feature to be added to the library and you don't want to maintain a fork inside the company.
* You finally understood how to use it and would like to help the next person by providing a small example and including it in the official documentation.
* You found a typo in the documentation that annoys you.
* You just feel it is fair to give something back to the community that gave you all the nice and free libraries and tools.
* You understand that many companies will look if you have any Open Source contribution and it will be a great plus for them to hire you.
* You'd like to show it on your CV.
Have you ever wanted to contribute to an Open Source project but did not know how to do it?
At this meeting we'll have a mix of presentation, hands-on exercise, and mentoring to bring you to your first Open Source contribution.
You don't even need to know how to program. At this event you'll learn the mechanics behind Git and GitHub and we'll get you to first contribution.
If you are a programmer you can then go on and also contribute code, but if you are not a programmer, or if you don't feel comfortable with contributing code, we'll show you what else can you do.
You'll need to bring your own computer and plenty of energy.
Presentations are pre-recorded, currently in Hebrew only. In order to get access to it please register on https://code-maven.com/ and bring your earphone/headphone.
Mentoring by Gabor Szabo.
The workshop has a companion eBook https://leanpub.com/collab-dev-git/ you might want to buy. - Not required.