Come join us for two amazing talks from Data Scientists employed by the City of Denver and Boulder!
We will explore the unique challenges and problems these individuals are solving followed by Q&A from the audience.
**Don't forget to register for this free event on Eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/optimizing-local-government-through-data-science-tickets-39234671960)**
6:00pm - Arrival/Networking/Happy Hour
6:30pm - Presentations Start
7:30pm - Q&A
8:00pm - Event Ends
Meet the presenters:
Julia Richman - City of Boulder Chief Innovation and Analytics Officer
Julia is the Chief Innovation and Analytics Officer for the City of Boulder. In her role, she acts as a City-wide partner to improve overall organizational capacity. She works to achieve city goals through programs and initiatives focused on:
* High Performance Government—Use process driven continuous improvement to measure and manage our performance and better serve our constituents; build and manage tools that improve transparency and accountability
* Data Driven Decision Making—Understand, collaborate through, and leverage our information assets for more effective program outcomes
* Operational Effectiveness and Efficiency—Mirror our innovative policies with internal operations practices that are shared, efficient, and online
* Disruptive technology—Explore and deploy emerging and disruptive technology for city operations
* A Culture of Innovation—Reduce barriers to entry for value added changes, creative thinking, and collaboration; engage our highly talented staff in problem solving for the benefit of our entire community
* Our Community as Resource—Find fresh solutions to our most pressing Boulder-area challenges through new mechanisms for direct engagement with our highly talented community members
Prior to working for the City she spent nearly a decade at Deloitte Consulting, leading projects that advanced service and business operations strategies for her public sector clients. Mrs. Richman has worked with over 30 states, universities, non-profits, and the federal government on large scale, enterprise-wide transformation efforts including restructuring, cost reduction, business processes improvement, operations improvement, enterprise governance, portfolio management, innovation, and organizational design.
Julia is a Colorado native and community leader. She is a 2018 Colorado Governors Fellow, as well as a graduate of Leadership Denver and the Colorado Institute for Leadership Training. She is a mentor for Colorado-Based Greenhouse Scholars and serves as part of the executive teams for both the Colfax Marathon and Groundwork Denver boards of directors. She has an MPP from the University of Chicago and an AB from Dartmouth College. She is an avid endurance athlete in hot pursuit of a 3-hour marathon and has a willingness to partner her husband on any number of loony backcountry adventures that turn into endurance events.
Michael Beilman - Senior Data Scientist for the City and County of Denver