This month we want to focus on networking and career options. We will have a great panel with folks from the Columbus community talking about their career and how they got into their current positions.
• BEN CALLAHAN: President of Sparkbox and founder of the Build Right workshop series, Ben shares his ideas about the web on the Sparkbox Foundry and other leading industry blogs. He regularly works with large brand e-commerce to reconsider their web experiences while consulting to helping them shift their design and development workflows. He’s also incredibly grateful for the team at Sparkbox as they pioneer new responsive web design techniques and continue to push for great user experiences outside the context of specific devices.
• TIMOTHY WOLF STARR: After years of pursuing a diverse set of entrepreneurial ventures, Wolf is now focused on connecting resources to meet needs within the entrepreneurial community. Wolf's goal is to create opportunities and relationships for organizations our community feel passionate about. Wolf's immediate areas of concentration are small business development, fostering strategic non-profit partnerships, and generating cultural impact through the arts.
• YI-RUEI CHEN: Ruei is passionate at Startup Scene with a focus on social enterprises, tech startups and giving back to the communities. Through a zig-zagging career path, she arrives at Grange Insurance as an Emerging Technology Lead + a founding member for Develop Appalachia. Prior to Grange Insurance, Ruei served as a Portfolio Manager focusing on product adoption, roadmap definition and strategic alignment at Navigator Management Partners. Ruei also worked at Nationwide Insurance and Financial Services where she cultivated a wide array of experiences including emerging tech, innovation, design thinking and go-to market strategy. When she isn’t working at her full time job, she fulfills her passion for Emerging Technology and Innovation by organizing Hackpalachia, Startup Weekend and GiveBackHack. In this capacity, she engages with startup communities and external thought leaders, organizes events and coaches event participants on R&D, rapid prototyping, developing MVP’s, design thinking and other techniques.
• LAURA JACKSON: Laura Jackson leads the Product Management domain for an early-age startup called ScriptDrop in Columbus, Ohio. Leading her 15th engineering team in less than a decade, she is passionate about building high performing teams, scaling with integrity, and mentoring future leaders. She also serves on the board for the Create Columbus Commission where she focuses on community engagement in affordable housing and public art. Stay tuned for a new nonprofit she is launching in the winter as well, columbussafespace.com.
• SEAN DORAN: Designer turned developer, Sean has been around both the marketing and product blocks. At Aware, Sean designs and develops high-quality digital consumer experiences in the enterprise space as a UX Product Engineer. Book a slot with Sean if you're interested in UX, product design, or product development.
• ADAM ALBRECHT: Adam is a software engineer who, after working for a big consulting firm for a few years, struck out on his own to do independent consulting and dip his toe into the startup world. He helped start 2 small software companies in the process, CompliancePro and NextChapter. Adam enjoys traveling with his wife, Molly, hiking with his dog, Toby, and you can usually find him hanging out at coffee shops in German Village.
• LINDSAY GAST: Lindsay Gast is a Senior Recruiter with TEKsystems helping talented digital and creative professionals achieve their career goals. Lindsay has 8 years experience between HR, Management, and Recruiting and is passionate about building relationships with the people she works with and helping them find their dream jobs!
6:00pm — Socialize 💃 - FOOD+DRINKS WILL BE PROVIDED!
6:30pm — Panel 💬
7:30pm — Socialize 🕺
8:00pm+ — After Party