A TASTE OF WEB DESIGN: INSPIRING CREATIVITY IN THE URBAN COMMUNITY
Does anyone know of a better way to get a taste of code than with music and drinks? Over the course of this fun evening, attendees will learn the basics of HTML and CSS by creating their very own web page. This workshop is designed to create a fun environment to introduce the world of coding to anyone with a creative and curious mind. No technical experience required!
Grab your spot: https://www.techelevator.com/events/1/9/2020-a-taste-of-web-design
Organized by Tech Elevator (Columbus's 14 week coding bootcamp and career network) and The National Center for Urban Solutions (serving the urban community for 20 years by helping move individuals to socioeconomic self-sufficiency)
Sponsored by Root Insurance
Doors open at 5:00p. Come early to get set up and enjoy light bites and wine. Workshop begins at 6:00p.
BEFORE THE WORKSHOP
- Make sure you have Chrome installed on your computer
- Gather your prep materials (see below!) together in a folder on your desktop so it’s easy to get what you need during the activities
- Come with an open mind to learn
- Headshot/photo of yourself (small file size to help upload time - 800px wide)
- A few images you'd like to include on the webpage (again, small file size or if the images are online, bring the links to them. If you are using an image you have on your Facebook account, you may have to change your privacy settings or make sure to download a copy of the photo to your computer)
- An introductory paragraph or two
- Anything else you'd like to include on the page (resume/portfolio information, interests, etc.); extras are always great!
- A Windows laptop or Macbook with Google Chrome installed.