3401 Hillview Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304
Prom C Cafeteria
(Prom C Cafeteria is at the corner of building Prom C across from Prom A)
* Event will be livestreamed via Facebook
* Light refreshments will be provided
6pm: doors open
6:30 Why You Need to Stop Using "The" Staging Server with Chloe Condon
Old staging methodology is broken for modern development. In fact, the staging server is left over from when we built monolithic applications. Find out why microservice architectures are driving ephemeral testing environments & why every sized dev shop should deliver true continuous deployment.
7:05pm Getting Started with Kubernetes with Dan Garfield
See how you can get up and running with Kubernetes quickly and leave with your first container deployed.
Dan Garfield is a full-stack developer, Linux enthusiast, and marketer. Ask him about his Chicken Coop Pi.
Chloe Condon Former musical theatre actress and Hackbright Academy graduate, Chloe is now a Developer Evangelist at Codefresh. Pre-Hackbright, she spent her nights and weekends performing in the Bay Area as a singer/actress and worked in tech by day. To support her theatre career, she started to learn to code on her own through online resources. She is passionate about bringing people with non-traditional backgrounds into the world of tech.
Prom C Cafeteria is at the corner of building Prom C across from Prom A.
Directions to Meetup:
From the corner of Hillview Avenue and Foothill Expressway:
· Travel south on Hillview Avenue(from Foothill)
· Take the first left: where you see the sign for the VMware campus entrance.
· Then turn left again and go until you see the parking lot on the right.
· Park and then walk South between the buildings for about 100 feet; you will pass under a pedestrian bridge.
· You'll see the cafeteria at the end of the building on your left.
For those who aren’t able to attend in person, the event will be livestreamed via the VMTN Facebook page.