Your Anger: Creator or Destroyer of Worlds?
Anger. It’s all around us. It’s one of the basic emotions of our species - but the press on it is mixed.
Especially for women.
Unexpressed anger can lead to illness, energy loss, addictions, depression. You've probably heard: "Speak up! You’ll be cleansed, empowered, motivated." And there are practices that help us deal with anger in the moment.
But chronic anger is debilitating. It wrenches your gut.... Steals your sleep, immunity, & your peace of mind. Not to mention what it can do to relationships. People say: "Rise above it! You’re bigger than that. Don’t let it get to you. Forgive."
As for Angry Women? Here's a brief refresher course: "Shrill. Rude. Overreacting." And the classic, "Hysterical".
Our anger gets cast as unattractive, illegitimate, and often, as “our own damn fault”.
We are passively policed by gender norms about "femininity" …and more actively through overt threats and retaliation.
Here’s the Wiki-truth: “Anger happens when we’re threatened, offended, wronged, or denied something we really want or need.”
That happens a lot to us, as people, and as women.
But as women, we are given constricting and contradictory rules for how to handle it.
So, what lies in that lesser known territory between choking it down and torching the place?🔥
Are there smart, effective and self-loving ways to deal with your justifiable anger?
The good news:
- We can have control over how we process our anger, how we express it and how we carry its' lessons forward.
Join us Monday night, October 15th, 7-9P so you can
- Begin to use your anger as a source of illumination 🔎 and a guide for action.
- Practice methods to channel it in your own best interest.
- Reap the power and wisdom of our collective experience
Limited seating. RSVP for you (and your friends) today!
I look forward to seeing you there.
Take the "Peek at Pique" anger quiz before our Meetup here:
In our meetings, you'll be welcomed into a supportive community to take on the promise and challenge of mature womanhood. This is a potent time: poised between our hard-won wisdom & the possibilities of what we each, uniquely, can build.
We'll explore how your life is asking you to expand so that you can:
Live your purpose more fully.
Bring your joy, creativity, gifts and passion to daily life.
Express what has been silenced.
Take the risks needed.
Bless yourself and your beloveds with your clarity, strength, and unimpeded love.
Some potential topic areas:
- Sexuality, self-image and desire - pre & post menopause
- Reaping the lessons from hard times
- Fulfilling work - what's in the way, what do you need, how to get it
- The art and practice of saying "No"
- Gender gaps: creating openings for intimacy
- Mothering: where's the manual?
- Should i stay or should I go? Spouses, lovers and friends
- Me Too/Times Up - sexism and self-advocacy
- Life after Divorce
- True to yourself: the courage to know, speak, and create freely
We'll use discussion, laughter, skills practice, sharing stories, role-play and other methods to move you toward your best life. Doors open at 6:50 so you can check in, pay and find a seat. Please arrive in comfortable clothes, with pen, notebook, water and an open spirit.