Come learn about the agile design & development process with clients!
Our speaker is Miriam Suzanne and she will discuss:
- a brief overview of the “losing control” philosophy behind the web
- how we learn from users about needs they may not be able to articulate
- how we integrate developers and designers in tight feedback cycles
- how we talk to clients about design choices
Speaker: Miriam Suzanne
Bio: Miriam is an author, performer, musician, designer, and web developer — working with OddBird, Teacup Gorilla, Grapefruit Lab, and CSS Tricks. She’s the author of Riding SideSaddle* and The Post-Obsolete Book, co-author of Jump Start Sass, and creator of the Susy and True open-source toolkits.
1. If you are interested in learning from, hiring and networking with creatives, without trying to sell them your product, then this is your place!
2. Bring your own beverages. There is no on-site beverage service.
3. Free Parking up to 60 spots. Someone will be outside handing out parking passes OR if they're not there go inside to reception for a pass. Once spots have been filled metered parking is available for $1.50 hour. The Cable Center is within one block of the light rail.
For creative professionals in the Denver area, Creative Connections is your networking alternative. Our purpose? To foster working relationships among local creative pros. Join us the 3rd Monday of the month from 9- 11:00 a.m (Holidays excluded. Please check schedule).You’ll learn from in-the-know industry speakers, get the scoop on other local creative businesses and connect with other talented professionals with skills that complement your own. No-pressure networking. Creative Connections members play well together. So there are no rules limiting the number of graphic designers, writers, photographers—or lion tamers, for that matter—who can join. No mandatory attendance. We’re not a leads group—although members do collaborate on a variety of creative projects. Creative Connections’ only rule, really, is that you work as a creative professional. Defining creative: Anyone who is actively & directly involved in the following industries / fields and providing these services to others or in need of these services. Print - TV – Radio - Internet - Video – Photography - Artists (All forms) – Writers - Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations. Others that are not listed upon approval of the Creative Connections Management team.