While cloud is becoming the new normal for government, agencies are still challenged with the daunting task of IT modernization and developing a cohesive cloud migration strategy. Oftentimes, what’s holding back progress is that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all cloud playbook. That, combined with agency culture, hinders many agencies from making their move to cloud.
Please RSVP (https://www.meetup.com/DCAzureGov/events/240645557/) and join the Azure Government DC user community for a Meetup on Government Cloud Migration Strategies & Creating a Culture of Change (https://www.meetup.com/DCAzureGov/events/240645557/) featuring government and industry experts who will share best practices on critical components for cloud success including stakeholder engagement, evaluation, planning, implementation, outcomes, and cultural change needed to help ensure a smooth transition.
As always, our Meetups are free and open to the public; and there will be great networking and refreshments. Check out this month’s agenda below and join us!
**Faster check-in option!**
We offer a QR code check-in option using Eventbrite. To use this, please RSVP on Meetup first; then follow these steps!
1. Go to this event listing on Eventbrite: https://aka.ms/azgovmeetup-eb1117
2. Sign in or sign up for an Eventbrite account
3. In “Account Settings,” be sure to enter your: first/last name; role/job title; company/organization
4. Register for the Meetup and receive your QR code via email or the Eventbrite app for faster check-in!
Agenda & Directions
6:00 - 6:30 p.m. – Networking
6:35 – 6:45 p.m. – Welcome & Introductory Remarks
• Meetup Organizers: Vishwas Lele, CTO, AIS, & Microsoft Azure MVP; and Karina Homme, Azure Government Product Market Lead, Microsoft
6:45 – 7:00 p.m. – Year-End Azure Gov Roundup
• Zach Kramer, Principal Program Manager, Azure Government Engineering, Microsoft
7:00 –7:40 p.m. – Fireside Chat: Defining a Culture of Change
• Moderator: Karina Homme, Azure Government Product Market Lead, Microsoft
• Syed Azeem, IT Program Manager, US Department of Labor; and Advocacy and Outreach Lead, Federal Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE)
• Darryl Peek, Director of Digital Innovation & Solutions, OCIO/OCTO, Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
7:40 – 8:00 p.m. – Cloud Migration Strategies: Top 5 Plays
• Jamie Peebles, Cloud Solution Architect, Microsoft
Demo: VDI in Azure Gov
• Steve Downs, Sr. Program Manager / VDI Lead, Microsoft Azure Government
8:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Wrap-up & Post-Event Networking
Directions to 1776 (http://www.1776.vc/) --[masked]th St. NW, Washington, DC
(Check in on 1st floor / Meetup on 12th floor)
1776 is located only a few blocks from both Logan Circle and the White House. The building is across the street from the Washington Post and is home to Strayer University on the first floor. A sign is visible on the exterior of the building.
Parking: There’s a parking garage to the building. Rate is $6 after 5 p.m.
Metro: Closest metro stops are McPherson Square (blue and orange lines) and Farragut North (red line). 1776 is about a 5- to 7-minute walk from each station.