This is the home for the DataTalks meetup series and other events by DataHack (http://datahack-il.com), like our annual hackathon. :)
The DataTalks meetup series is hosted by different companies, with each meetup usually featuring two speakers. Talks touch on a variety of subjects in machine learning, statistics, data engineering and other data science related topics.
DataHack is launching an Israeli Kaggle meetup!
* Come and work together (or alone) on a live, on-going Kaggle competition.
* Receive (if you want it) mentoring and tips & tricks from Kaggle masters, Kaggle Days (Paris) competition winners and top Israeli competitive ML dogs and experts.
* Be a part of the first Israeli community in the field of competitive machine learning.
* Share knowledge with other experts around competitive ML and learn bleeding edge ML techniques by studying Kaggle Kernels and hearing talks from Kaggle Masters.
Current competition : LANL Earthquake Prediction
- If you won't be using the Kaggle kernels, please download the data in advance!
- We will start working on the competition during this event.
- Top Kernels will be reviewed and appreciated at Kaggle-IL Meetup #2 (June 19)
17:45 - Grabbing a beer & looking at other competitors fiercely
18:00 - Daniel Marcous: Opening Words
18:10 - Philip Tannor: Presentation of the LANL competition & top kernels
18:40 - Gad Benram: How to win a Kaggle competition with 2$ of cloud power
19:10 - Let the games begin!
Working on competitions either in teams or alone
22:00 - Showcasing cool stuff people have done so far
22:30 - You can continue working from your home now...
The event will be located at the Palo Alto Networks offices at
Yigal Alon Street 94, Tel Aviv-Yafo.
Alon 1 Tower, Floor 12.
Attendees will be required to sign an NDA on entrance due to Palo Alto Networks regulations.
(please arrive early to get a chance to fill the form and still make it before we start).