What we’re about
Datahack: Where data science and machine learning meet, inspire growth and innovation! We champion strong academia-industry ties, prioritize data literacy, and create opportunities for the underrepresented, catalyzing a dynamic and engaged community. 🦾
Our learning tracks:
- DataTalks: Network, learn, and explore the latest in our industry talks.
- Kaggle IL: Join, collaborate, and conquer Kaggle competitions with us.
- Bootcamp TLV: Fast-track your data skills in our mentored workshops.
- DataNights: Dive deep into data topics in our weekly courses.
Upcoming events (2)See all
- Build Your First Retrieval Augmented Generation App w/ GPT3.5Link visible for attendees
DataTalks is happy to host Greg & Chris from AI Makerspace to share with us a practical intro to building a Python-based RAG question answering system on top of GPT-3.5! 🦾
This hands-on online workshop is meant for anyone with some Python knowledge looking to learn about practical use of LLMs for building applications.
In this workshop, you'll learn about each component that makes up a basic RAG application, and you'll build, ship, and share your very first Retrieval Augmented Generation System (RAG) question answering application in pure Python, using only OpenAI Ada embeddings and OpenAI's GPT-3.5 Turbo.
We will also add a monitoring layer to our stack that allows us to inspect what we've just built as we operate the system using Weights and Biases Prompts, an emerging best-practice LLMOps visibility tool.
Dr. Greg Loughnane is the Founder & CEO of AI Makerspace, where he serves as lead instructor for their LLM Ops: LLMs in Production course. Since 2021 he has built and led industry-leading Machine Learning & AI boot camp programs. Previously, he has worked as an AI product manager, a university professor teaching AI, an AI consultant and startup advisor, and ML researcher. He loves trail running and is based in Dayton, Ohio.
Chris Alexiuk, is the Head of LLMs at AI Makerspace, where he serves as a programming instructor, curriculum developer, and thought leader for their flagship LLM Ops: LLMs in Production course. During the day, he’s a Founding Machine Learning Engineer at Ox. He is also a solo YouTube creator, Dungeons & Dragons enthusiast, and is based in Toronto, Canada.
Perquisite for the meetup ✅
- From Job Recommendations to Advanced SearchHaArba'a St 30, Tel Aviv-Yafo
In this morning meetup we'll delve into two deep tech talks on recommendations and search!
09:30 – 10:00 Networking, Light Breakfast and Coffee ☕️
10:05 – 10:10 Welcome and Introduction 🖐️
Ofir Steinherz (Datahack)
10:10 – 11:00 Encoder-based multimodal learning for recommendations in two-sided employment marketplaces 💼
- Speaker: Nadav Barkai, Data Science & Engineering Manager at ZipRecruiter
- In this talk we'll delve into the recommendation models powering ZipRecruiter's two-sided employment marketplace, understanding the main challenges and modeling approach. We'll focus on the central role of pre-trained encoders and how they are incorporated into our multimodal learning framework.
11:00 – 11:45 Combining Classic and Vector Search for Improved Relevance 🔍
- Speaker: Ohad Levi, CEO of Hyperspace
- We will discuss the power of merging traditional and vector search techniques. Learn about the role of unstructured data in enhancing search and the journey from research to real-time production. Dive into the next wave of search paradigms.