If you want your kid to learn guitar - you don't start with Rock Band - you start with a smaller guitar! It's never too early to learn one of the most widely used languages for web developers in the world. This course will allow participants to use simple commands to create a cool app that really works!
Speaker: Justine Henderson
Justine Henderson is a designer specializing in mobile + web app development. Throughout her studies, she consistently questioned and experimented with the idea of play and interactivity. As one of Tuliva's newest team members, she hopes to creatively and critically utilize her accumulated skills by continuing to test the idea of interactivity in the professional design field.
She is currently leading Tuliva Academy's STEM course development with a focus on object oriented programming. Past clients include Gnat Jewelers, Cuvee Luxury Escapes, Schomp BMW, The Carlos Gonzales Foundation, and Dining Out Magazine.
Venue / Sponsor
Space and computers are being provided by Tuliva. Tuliva is leading the future through innovation and ingenuity of Information Technology. They provide world-class, industry-leading IT training and certifications. They are proud to sponsor this Devoxx4Kids session at their 12,000’ facility located at 2399 Blake Street (Suite 150), just two blocks North of Coors field. Please see Tuliva's Parking Map (http://www.tuliva.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Tuliva-Parking-Map-2399-Blake-St-Denver.png) for reference and complimentary parking for this event.
• You must be a kid, aged 9 - 18 (3rd grade through senior in high school).
• Each attendee can bring their own laptop, or use a Windows desktop provided by Tuliva.
• For those that BYOD, please have at least 1GB of free space and 4GB of RAM.
• Please make sure to bring a water bottle/snacks for the attendees.
• One registration will allow only one kid to participate. Parents are required to stay at the facility for the entire duration of the workshop and may observe from the back of the room. There is complimentary wifi and coffee at the venue.
• Your meetup fees ($10/pp) will cover the cost of a Devoxx4Kids t-shirt for the attendee.