Join us at Docker HQ for a special Docker & Java meetup during JavaOne 2016!
5:00pm - 5:15pm - Arrival and Refreshments
5:15pm - 6:15pm - Docker for Java Developers by Arun Gupta (Docker Captain)
6:15pm - 6:45pm - How to develop and debug a Spring Boot app with Docker by Patrick Chanezon
7.00pm - Q&A, Networking and close
Talk #1: Docker for Java Developers
Abstract: So you are a Java developer but how comfortable are you and your team taking Docker from development to production? Are you hearing developers say, “But it works on my machine!” when code breaks in production? And if you are, how many hours are then spent standing up an accurate test environment to research and fix the bug that caused the problem?
Docker provides PODA (Package Once Deploy Anywhere) and complements WORA (Write Once Run Anywhere) provided by Java. It also helps you reduce the impedance mismatch between dev, test, and production environment and simplifies Java application deployment.
This session explains how to package, deploy, and scale Java applications using Docker.
• Running first Java application with Docker
• Package your Java application with Docker
• Sharing your Java application using Docker Hub
• Package your Java EE application as Docker multi-container applications
• Deploy your Java application using Maven
• Deploy your application using Docker for AWS
• Scaling Java services with Docker Engine swarm mode
• Develop/deploy your application using NetBeans, Eclipse and IntelliJ
Arun Gupta is a founding member of Devoxx4Kids USA. As a chair of the board, he oversees the operation of this nonprofit organization and ensures it stays true to its mission of igniting STEAM spark among kids. Arun has extensive speaking experience in ~40 countries on myriad topics and is a JavaOne Rockstar. An author of a best-selling book, an avid runner, a globe trotter, a Java Champion, a JUG leader, and a Docker Captain, he is easily accessible at @arungupta.
Talk #2: How to develop and debug a Spring Boot app with Docker
Live Demo using Docker for Mac & Docker Datacenter