What we're about
It has been a pleasure and an honor to organize these events for like minded individuals to look over and review their writing together, drawing inspiration or helping others power through challenges in their writing goals.
Time moves on, however, and people come and go. With a changing of the guard, we have to consider our future.
As the organizers of this group move on to new challenges, we'd like to invite anyone who is willing to take up the torch of putting together a program for this group as it goes forward to speak to the organizers and see how best to arrange a transfer of authority.
We will keep the group going for another six months, until April 1, 2019, at which time the group will transfer to new leadership, or - as must all things - come to an end.
We thank everyone who has made this group so special over the years, and know that - with us or without us - the creative community in Doha is in safe hands.
Are you a creative writer/author? Do you live, or work, in Doha ? Are you looking for a group of like-minded individuals? Need some inspiration? Then Join the Doha Writers Forum!
DWF is a writers' group that mixes between presenting topics related to writing and presenting works on our writing projects for group feedback. The talks are open to any volunteering speaker, and range in topic to new styles of writing, writing mechanics, and getting your work published. Writing critique weeks meanwhile allow any creative writer to volunteer and read their work for instant feedback and advice in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. It doesn't matter if you are a'seasoned writer' or you have just started to 'dabble'. This writer's forum is especially for those who would like to exchange ideas and gain some much needed insight for their current writing project. So why not come along to our next meeting to see how we roll?
A couple of things to note, to join us you must:
- This group is for writers 21 years of age or older
- write novels, plays, monologues, scripts, screenplay, short stories, poems and the like (i.e. any FICTION writing project)
- live, or work, in Doha, or close enough to attend our meetings
- want to meet a friendly and supportive group of like-minded individuals, and to become such a friendly and supportive member of the group
- you are just starting to write, writing, editing/submitting to agents, agented, or published (it really doesn't matter to us).
All applications are considered individually by the organizers, so please take the time to fill out our quick profile so we can quickly approve your request and you can come along to your first meetup.
Please also note the following:
• All meetings are conducted in English, and all presented materials are in English as well
• While we encourage anyone writing to join, we are not an ESL group, and you are required to be able to follow the group's discussions and provide feedback
• This is a supportive environment - any personal attacks or nonconstructive criticism are not allowed, and may be grounds for dismissal and banning from the group
• non-active members may be removed from the roster and asked to rejoin - we are aiming to maintain a count of 50 writers
• All materials shared with the group are considered the property of the original creator - please do not share these materials with anyone outside the group without the express permission of the original creator
Looking forward to meeting you all, and happy writing!