Come join us for a full day DoneJS training where we will walk through building, testing, deploying and documenting a nearly full-featured DoneJS application. I will schedule a date and time once this meetup has 20 people.
I strongly recommend that people attend one of the hack-night events before attending this training. These will familiarize you with CanJS and make this training much easier to digest.
Here's what to expect:
• Doors open at 9:00am. Please arrive no later than 10am. If you are unable to get your computer setup, please arrive at 9:30 so I can help you set it up. Please bring your setup computer.
• Prior to arriving, please go through Setting Up DoneJS (http://donejs.com/SettingUp.html) guide. If everything is installed, you should be able to complete the first 4 steps of the Place-my-order (http://donejs.com/place-my-order.html) guide:
• npm install -g donejs
• donejs init place-my-order
• cd place-my-order
• donejs develop
• it will also be helpful if you've downloaded firefox (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/), a git client (https://desktop.github.com/), a code editor, Andriod (https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html) if you are on windows, or XCode if you are on a mac.
If you are having trouble, please let me know on gitter chat (https://gitter.im/donejs/donejs).
• 10am - Start and software check, pass out sweatshirts and t-shirts.
• 10:15am - Setup the project and start coding!
• 12pm - Break for lunch. Lunch will be on your own. I'll be headed to a local Panera.
• 1pm - Continue coding and learning.
• 5pm - Deploy our production app to heroku and firebase's CDN.