Get an overview of StealJS (http://stealjs.com/) and use it to build a multi-page progressively loaded site, that uses hot-module swapping.
In this training, we will go through DoneJS's module loader - StealJS (http://stealjs.com/). Module loaders help organize a projects scripts and build into minified scripts that load in production quickly. StealJS works with any other framework or technology.
We'll StealJS to:
- Setup a project from scratch.
- Install and import other packages from npm, including jQuery.
- Make and test a mini application.
- Create modules in the ES6, CommonJS, and AMD formats.
- Organize your modules using the modlet workflow (http://blog.bitovi.com/modlet-workflows/) - adding tests, docs, and demo pages.
- Build your application to production.
- Export modules to other formats and publish your module to NPM.
I will schedule this meetup when there are 15 people signed up. Please sign up only if you intend to go.
Please install the following pre-requisites prior to attending: http://stealjs.com/docs/guides.ContributingWindows.html . If you are having problems, please come prior to 10am so I can help you get setup.