It would be of great interest to watch the development of a nearby project that has similar goals to our own. Until recently New Jersey, Delaware, and Connecticut were the only states in the region without an intentional community living option. But now one is being built in Connecticut:
Figuring that it will be instructive for us to hear about how they're doing it and to see their site as the construction is progressing, we've arranged a visit for January 12 (Jan. 19 in the case of inclement weather on the 12th). This could be the first of several such visits over the coming year or two.
Carpools will be available. Please let us know if you can be a driver.
The schedule for the day, tentatively, will be:
* drive to New Haven in the morning (3 hours from central NJ, 2.5 hours from northern NJ)
* gather for lunch at Grimaldi's Pizzeria in Woodbridge CT at 11:45
* presentation from Rocky Corner representatives (with time for Q&A) ... at the New Haven library 1:00 to 3:00
* travel from the library to see the under-construction site of the community ... 3:30 to 4:30
* dinner together in New Haven for those who want to discuss what we've seen ... 5:00 to 6:30
* drive home, arriving back in NJ around 9 or 9:30
There will be a limit of 20 participants, so if you'd like to go, sign up early!
RSVP to ecovillagenj [at] gmail.com