This humanist community meets weekly, and also has special events and other activities throughout the year. We welcome newcomers or visitors of all ages and backgrounds to Meetup with us for any or all of these things, as we work together to make a more just, sustainable and humane society – and enjoy each other’s company.
There are several ways you can participate:
· Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. we gather for “platform,” with a different featured speaker and topic each week, on a wide variety of topics. Our overall theme is how best to live ethical and moral lives, and that doing so does not require belief in a god
· Children’s classes meet each Sunday at the same time as the adults. The Ethical Education program is designed for kids in grades K through 8, and there is also childcare for younger children.
· Charitable and social justice projects (see calendar).
· First Friday Film series features documentaries on a variety of subjects.
· Social gatherings including potlucks, game nights, and secular holiday festivals (see calendar).
A panel of four young people—two Americans, one Dutch, and one French—will discuss “Coming of Age in a Racist World” at our next HUMANITAS: The Africana Ethical Society meeting to be held on Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 3 p.m. via Zoom.
For more information regarding HUMANITAS: The Africana Ethical Society and our July 11 meeting via ZOOM, please contact [masked].
HUMANITAS: The Africana Ethical Society is a naturalistic organization committed to deconstructing metaphysical and pseudo-scientific misconceptions regarding the human experience and affirming that humanistic ethical values can be found in Africana traditions and the struggles of Africana peoples.
All are welcome.
Join us on fourth Fridays for GAME NIGHT! from 6:30pm-10pm at 7 Saxon Wood Rd, White Plains, NY 10605.
Bring your own games or just show up! All ages are welcome, as well as all types of games: social, strategy, word, and card games. We will have various games to play (like Catan, etc). Feel free to bring food or snacks. Our plan is to make this a monthly event for the secular community. Kids welcome. We are meeting at The Ethical Culture Society of Westchester building. See you there!
Hosted by The Ethical Culture Society of Westchester, Secular Humanists of Westchester, and Westchester Atheists.