What we're about
• An open-minded, multicultural, strong and vibrant community with a refined taste in performing arts, culture, entertainment and fun, as well as sports, gastronomy and wine events; bringing together 170+ locals originating from over 40 countries, of which a fair number of British, then French, Spanish, Italians, Germans and Indians.
• Our assistant and events organisers (10 currently) have hosted over 1,500 successful gatherings since the project inception in May 2009. As an average, we host an average 20 to 25 events per month!
• We are responsible for many friendships and happy couples, four weddings and three baby boys!...
• British?... African?... American?... Asian?... Australian?... European expat?
• You may be new in town and/or simply looking at broadening your social network and cultural circle? Come and share your interests with like-minded locals.
• Make new connections and befriend with enthusiastic, fantastic and fun international people!
...Top-class events in Maidenhead, Reading, London, Windsor, High Wycombe and Oxford including
• Performing Arts & Culture: acrobatics, comedy, dance, magic, concerts, live music, theatre (musicals/plays), films (foreign/independent/blockbusters), international festivals/carnivals, museums, exhibitions, public talks, lectures, quizzes
• Entertainment & Fun: board games, dancing, bowling, karting, theme parks
• Sports & Fitness: weekly football, squash, yoga lessons
• Gastronomy & Wine: restaurants, cooking classes, wine tastings
... Oh and please let us know if you would like to be involved and advertise your own meetup events here!
Other local meetup group with a focus in outdoors, French language and culture: The Reading French Language Social Group (http://www.meetup.com/expatfrench-107/)