Join the UNESCO Open Data Hackathon at the FOSSASIA Summit, create open source apps and games that tackle climate change, environment and sustainable development challenges, and win awesome prizes! The hackathon takes place from Saturday 24 March to Sunday 25 March 2018 at the Lifelong Learning Institute in Singapore.
We are specifically interested in applications and games that set an example for others who could replicate solutions in other countries, and in particular in the Mekong countries, to tackle the sustainable development challenges. It is our goal to engage the developer community to develop innovative applications in open source by leveraging the open data and knowledge available.
We are inviting developers, designers, open source contributors, bloggers, journalists and all FOSSASIA community members to be part of the UNESCO Hackathon. We are especially encouraging applications from the Mekong region to join the contest. The hackathon is open for all and awesome prizes are waiting for you!
1. Get your ticket to the Event on eventyay.com (https://eventyay.com/e/db15e7db/).
2. Sign up on Devpost (https://fossasia-unesco.devpost.com/).
3. Join the Gitter channel at https://gitter.im/fossasia/hackathon (requires login with Github).
4. Find team members and create your team of preferably at least 3 and maximum 5 contributors. You are also welcome to sign up and then wait until the Presentation of Ideas on Saturday before deciding to join a team, however we'd encourage you to form/join a team in advance if you already have an idea that you'd like to work on.
5. Join the event at the Lifelong Learning Institute on Saturday, March 24 at the opening at 2.00 pm until 10.00 pm and on Sunday, March 25 from 9.00 am until 5.00 pm.
And: Stay connected, join event on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/139329623548116/) and follow FOSSASIA (https://twitter.com/fossasia) on Twitter.
UNESCO Hackathon Schedule
Hackathon Opening: March 24, 2018
12.00 Registration Opens
14.10 Intro of Background, Rules and Prizes
14:20 Presentation of Ideas, Teams and Team Building Activities
15:00 Begin of Hacking Activities
22:00 Closing of Space
Hackday: March 25, 2018
08:00 - 09:00 Breakfast
09:00 - 13:00 Hack Activities Continue
13:00 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 15:00 Hacking Continues
14:00 Submission Form Closes
15:15 - 16:00 Presentation of Outcome
16:00 Judges Withdraw for Consultation
16:30 Award Announcement and Ceremony
17:00 Summit Closing