Please join us for two intensive workshops with IBM experts from around the world on the latest technologies, development and deployment covering 'Bringing trust and transparency in AI’ and developing 'Using Kubernetes and Knative to deploy & secure containerized applications' at the FOSSASIA Summit 2019 (https://2019.fossasia.org).
IBM Cloud Developer Advocate
Big Data and Analytics Technical Leader, IBM Singapore
Get access with the discounted Hall and Special Events pass at https://eventyay.com/e/3689bc98/?code=SGMEETUP
* Bring a laptop wit full access. The installation of software is required for this workshop.
* Fill in your details and interests to help trainers prepare for the workshop: https://2019.fossasia.org/workshop/
* Sign up for IBM Cloud before the workshop: http://ibm.biz/FOSSASIAIBM
A digital certificate of participation will be provided by IBM and FOSSASIA after the event.
8:30 AM Registration and Welcome Snacks/Coffee
9:00 - 10:55 AM: Workshop A: Using Kubernetes and Knative to Deploy & Secure Containerized Applications
10:55 - 11:05 AM: Coffee Break
11:05 - 1:30 Workshop B: Bringing Trust and Transparency in AI
1:30 Lunch Snacks
2:00 – 2:25 Talk: Will AI Replace Developers? Speaker: Kitman Cheung, Chief Technology Officer, IBM Data & AI, Asia Pacific
3:15 - 3:20 Call for Code Competition Announcement (at Hack Stage)
4:20 - 5:05 Machine Learning for CI, Speaker: Andrea Frittoli, Open Source Developer Advocate, IBM
WORKSHOP A: USING KUBERNETES AND KNATIVE TO DEPLOY & SECURE CONTAINERIZED APPLICATIONS
9:00 - 10:55 AM
Get hands-on with Kubernetes and learn to effectively manage networking, security, user access, maintenance, performance and scale. This workshop is perfect for developers who are already using Kubernetes and those that want to learn from the pros. Join this workshop led by Kubernetes experts to create and deploy your own cloud-native microservices application to IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service.
In addition, we will discuss how Knative provides developers with the building blocks for serverless platforms to run on Kubernetes.
* Audience: Developers
* Keywords: Knative, Kubernetes, Open Source, Containers, Serverless
* Prep Videos:
* Kubernetes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vMEQ5zs1ko
* Knative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69OfdJ5BIzs
WORKSHOP B: BRINGING TRUST AND TRANSPARENCY IN AI
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
In this workshop participants will learn how they can understand the data they have, apply this information to build and run optimal machine learning models, and then operationalizing AI to continuously understand, improve, and explain outcomes. In the hands on lab we will be using data science workbench to explore, model and deploy a machine learning model and then monitor the model for performance, accuracy, and fairness.
* Audience: Data Scientists, Application Developers, Domain Experts
* Keywords: Python, Jupyter Notebooks, Python, Rest API, Machine Learning, Trust and Transparency, Object Storage, Watson, Studio, Watson Openscale, AI