Shooting at the range and shooting in a life and death situation, are two completely different things. This defensive pistol course will guide you through the basics of utilizing your firearm under stress conditions. Topics covered include: stance, combative drawing, mastering trigger control, mastering recoil, stress fire, tactical target engagement and point shooting.
Course Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Cost: $250 Includes Range Fees, Targets, Lunch, Drinks, and Merchandise
Length: 7 Hours
Skills that will be Worked On and Topics Discussed in this Class:
- Defensive MindsetAdvanced Pistol Course
- Gun Fighting vs. Gun ‘Range Shooting’
- Equipment Review
- Grip Review
- Dominant Eye / Hand Solutions
- Combative Shooting Stance / Body Positioning
- Understanding and Using Physical and Psychological Reactions to Lethal Force Confrontations
- Understanding Line of Sight in Combative Environments
- Correct Combative Drawing and Re-Holstering Techniques
- Getting Off the X
- Two Handed Sighted Shooting Techniques
- Two Handed Subconscious Sight Picture Techniques
- Two Handed Point Shooting Techniques
- Mastering Recoil
- Shooting and Moving: Forward and Backwards
- Emergency Magazine Changes vs. Tactical Magazine Changes
- Understanding and Effectively Using Trigger Reset
- Multiple Threat Priorities and Engagement
- Introduction to Combative Shooting Techniques
Skills and Requirements Needed Coming Into this Class:
- Must be comfortable shooting and manipulating chosen handgun on your own in a traditional static range environment.
- Must have shot at least 500 rounds through the gun you will be using prior to this class.
- Must understand how your gun functions.
- Must be able to load, unload, show clear.
- For semi-automatic handguns, must be able to pull the slide back and lock it open (back) and clear a malfunction (jam).
- Must have concealed weapons license or provide a copy of a recent criminal background check.
If you would like help with any of the above, we recommend booking a Private Training Session with one of our instructors prior to attending this class.
Prerequisite Courses which will Help You Obtain the Above Skills but are Not Mandatory:
- Introduction to Handgun
- Advanced Concealed Carry
- Ladies Only Advanced Concealed Carry
- Your Chosen Handgun
-[masked] Rounds Ammunition (This may be purchased at the range.)
- A Standard Strong Side Carry Holster for your Chosen Handgun (*Holster Guidelines)
- Minimum of 3 Pistol Magazines (The more the better!)
- Sturdy Gun Belt and Pants with Belt Loops
- Magazine Pouches
- Full-wrap Eye and Ear Protection (May be rented from the range.)
- Weapon Cleaning and Lubrication Equipment
- Pen and Paper
Maximum Student to Instructor Ratio: 5:1
Maximum Number of Students: 15
Booking and Cancellation Policy: Full payment will be due to the instructor at the start of class, cash or credit. A credit card is required to guarantee your reservation. This card will not be charged unless you no show or cancel with less than 3 days notice. The late cancel fee for this class is $125. Cancellations received after 5pm the day prior to the class will be treated as no shows. The no show fee is $250.
No refunds will be issued and the full course fees will apply to students arriving unprepared for the class. If you have any questions about the required equipment or how to prepare for this course, call or email us in advance to discuss.
Preregistration through Florida Firearms Training is Required. You may do this via Our Secure Online Registration Form at https://floridafirearmstraining.com/Reservation_Form.html or by Calling Us at[masked]