Location visible to members
Join the Gals for a scenic ride from Crissy Field up and over the Golden Gate Bridge and down to Sausalito ferry terminal. We’ll show you a route, provide tips for riding in the city, and have a relaxing ride. The ride ends at the Sausolito ferry terminal.
• To return by ferry to SF: Blue & Gold's go to Pier 41 ($11) or Golden Gate's go to the Ferry Building ($10.25).
• For those who want to ride back: One of the ride leaders will ride back to Crissy Field with anyone who wants to climb that hill back up to the Bridge.
• Distance: About 6 miles to Sausalito ferry terminal, with a few hills. About 12 miles if you choose to ride back to Crissy Field, with a significant climb up to the Bridge.
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won't leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet and basic riding skills required.
• The route is on multi-use paths, roads with or without a bike lane, and the Golden Gate Bridge bike path.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions -- Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic -- probably other Gals will have the same question!
We are grateful for all the good work of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition to improve conditions for bicycling in San Francisco. We encourage you to check out their work and join. You can join at a ride for $25 for a one-year membership.