A group for software developers to learn, network, and have fun. We have monthly meetings where dinner is provided and great minds can share information on software and web development. The emphasis is on the Microsoft technologies, but some of our topics are language agnostic.
ORM tools like Entity framework can great for increasing developer productivity. Do you understand the trade-offs you are making when you use an ORM? Which should you use? Do you ever see performance problems with your data access code?
This presentation by Joe Walling on 5/21 will cover the following:
• Discuss the factors involved in choosing a data access approach
• Discuss the factors involved in data access performance
• Show performance benchmarks for Entity Framework Core 2.2, Dapper, and ADO.NET
• Step through examples showing typical code using Entity Framework and how it can be improved drastically.
• Show how to use your tools to improve data access performance
By the end of this demonstration, you will understand how to choose a data access approach and how to avoid some of the EF performance pitfalls.