Between the Storms: A Mellow Sunday Ride
There is supposed to be a brief dry spell between this week's storms and the next one. If you'd like to ride (and be dry) this may be your chance.
<<< WEATHER PERMITTING - STAY TUNED FOR RIDE STATUS >>>
Expect an exhilarating ride thru picturesque back-roads of our beloved Santa Cruz Mountains surrounded by trees, creeks, hills, valleys and not too far from mighty Pacific.
• When: sun 12/8. Arrive 10:00 am for coffee, gossip and group-hug; KSU 10:30 AM. Start the ride with FULL tank and EMPTY bladder.
• Where: Half Moon Bay Coffee Company (Main & Stone Pine, HMB) (https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=20+Stone+Pine+Road+%23A%2C+Half+Moon+Bay+%2C+CA%2C+94019%2C+us)
• Route: Semi-technical back-roads in 408, 831 and 650 area codes. There will be bumps, tight switch-backs with diminishing radius, etc, the fun stuff that improve your confidence and sharpen your riding skills. Expect lots of crap (debri, gravel, run-offs, etc) on the roads.
* * * * * Not for newbies - recommend for riders with 15K+ miles and/or 18+ months of seat time * * *
• Pace: Mellow_ish (i.e., put on your patience helmet and leave your ego at home).
• Motorcycle: Yes, please bring one with you ;-)
• Gear: Head to toe. Dress in layers due to cold temps.
• Lunch: In 831 area Code. If you are picky about what you eat, feel free to bring a sandwich or snack.
• Ride ends around 3:30-4:00 PM back in civilization.
• Homework: Please read these important stuff → https://tinyurl.com/GRF-Etiquette
• Here's how you can support "GroupRides" → http://www.meetup.com/GroupRides/pages/Support