Hack && Tell is back for 2019!
Call for speakers is still open! Submit your proposals here:
If you've ever visited Hacker News, you've almost certainly seen the "Show HN" or "Ask HN" posts. Well, it's time to get off the Internet and tell us about it face to face. We'll provide you with our honest feedback, you provide us with a great hack, or idea.
We'll give you 5 minutes to show off your tool, hack, library, whatever. We're language and software/hardware agnostic, so it's all fair game.
We encourage presentations of any kind on projects that people work on for fun, for the love of all things technical. The only rules are
1) no startup pitches and
2) no work projects (unless it solves a general problem and is open sourced).
Talk slots are 10 minutes long (*5 minutes of presentation* and 5 minutes of Q&A). First-time speakers are welcome!
7:30pm - 9:30pm: Lightning talks
9:30pm - late: Mingling + head out for dinner/drinks
(Please have dinner beforehand or dabao to the venue.)
Location and getting here:
344B King George's Avenue
Nearest MRT stations: Lavender (EWL), Bendemeer (DTL), Farrer Park (NEL)
Speakers and their projects:
- Melvin Zhang: Using exodus to create a distro neutral build of Liberation Circuit
- Sebastiaan Deckers: Dohnut is a DNS to DNS-over-HTTP proxy
- Vito: Parse OCBC and CPF transactions to ledger-cli format
- Loong Jin Chow: Spot welder
- Chee Aun Lim: Something random
(We still have slots!)
Submit your proposals here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWVvY2W-1Ft5c_pBbvFJ2wb6bJcxT2nVnUn7fRDsMb3avl7g/viewform
First time speakers are welcome!