The Houston Active Dogs Meetup Group is open for active, non-aggressive, well-socialized dogs of all ages and breeds. HAD Members enjoy meeting and getting together with their social canine companions! We meet at various locations - dog parks, dog-friendly restaurants taverns and events - around the Houston-area to allow our dogs to play and socialize, and to give us the opportunity to make new friends within the *HAD* Group. We are dedicated to the on-going well-being of our canine companions through socialization and recreation. Please utilize this site for an up-to-date info on, and listing of, Dog Parks in the Houston-area: http://www.houstondogpark.org/
Old Town Spring will host its annual PetFest October 7th and 8th to help local rescue groups to raise awareness and funds to help abandoned, stray, and homeless animals in the Houston area.
Beloved by visitors and local merchants alike, it serves the main purpose to find forever homes for stray pets and to raise funds for animal rescue groups so they can continue their mission to help their furry friends. There will also be vendors for shopping - for you and your pets!
No matter if you just love animals, want to adopt one, find a home for the pets in your rescue group, or just plan to participate in one of our fun competitions, there is something for everyone.
Specific Events still to be confirmed for 2018
Pet only and Pet & Owner Costume Contest
Think about joining in on One of the Costume Contests. They are a big attraction at Pet Fest. Registration will be ON-SITE ONLY. Go to the Information Booth to register for your entry.
Sat. @ 1:30 PM (Pet Only w/$5 entry fee) and @ 3:00 PM (Pet & Owner w/$10 entry fee)
Sun. @ 1:00 PM (Pet Only w/$5 entry fee) and @ 2:30 PM (Pet & Owner w/$10 entry fee)
Prizes for each event: 1st Place - $50 / 2nd Place - $25
Other Past Attractions: (other events will be added as they are confirmed)
Other past attractions have included Wiener Dog Races and "wanna be a wiener" races (for small non-dachsunds). Hope to see everyone there!!
PetFest Safety Rules
• Pets must be on a leash, crated or in an x-pen at all times. PetFest is not responsible for the actions of your pet. Pets must be under control at all times.
• Pets must be current on vaccinations
• Pets be sociable with other animals, adults and children and not aggressive about food toys or owner.
• Pets must be comfortable in a loud and festive environment. Please be aware of the stress level of your pet at all times. We want this to be a positive experience for everyone.
• Pets must be at least 4 months old since younger animals have weak or no immune systems.
• Sponsors reserve the right to refuse entrance or ask to leave anyone whose pet is exhibiting aggressive behavior.