SF Design Week is coming up in a few weeks and there are lots of interesting workshops and talks worth checking out one of which is:
Crafting Collaboration: Engaging Artisans in Residential Architecture & Interior Design.
Please join us as we discuss ( & define) “craftsmanship” and “artisan,” buzzwords in today’s design community. This lively talk will be moderated by Mary Jo Bowling, the Homes Editor for Luxe Interiors + Design.
Topics we’ll cover include:
• How do architects, interior designers, and builders view craftsmanship?
• How are they incorporating artisan-made products in their work?
• How do interior designers and architects engage the expectation of what “artisan” and “artisanal” mean?
• Is it a trend or something more?
• How do new technologies like 3D printing, digital design, and fabrication effect craftspeople? Do these technologies help designers explore their own craft?
Q&A to follow.
Karen Curtiss, Principal, Red Dot Studio
Catherine Kwong, Principal, Catherine Kwong Design
Jeff King, President & Founder, Jeff King & Company
Steve Shada, Owner, Shada Build & Design
You can get tickets on eventbrite for $10 + a service fee: