The largest Language Exchange community in NYC. We get together for a common positive interest as is sharing and learning from each other's culture; join us to practice a language you are learning and help others learn yours. #LanguageNYC
Join us if you want to learn or help with: English - Spanish - French - Italian - Portuguese - Japanese - Chinese - Korean - Arabic - Russian - German
Language Exchange NYC Rules
1. RSVP "Yes" but do not show up 3 times you will be removed from the group. 2. Members who cannot make it must cancel RSVP 24 hours BEFORE an event. 3. No business promoting or dating group behavior will be tolerated. This is not a dating group. 4. Members must be 21+ for bar events.
- We reserve the right to REMOVE members that break our rules, are rude, aggressive or socially inappropriate towards our members. -
RSVP only, waiting list doesn't count, we will check in at the door.
-- Please read ALL the event description so you are informed--
Come and practice a language you are learning with native speakers & other learners. All levels are welcome!
Practice your Portuguese, French, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, German, English or Spanish.
How does it work?
4pm to 4:30pm Networking, time for you to get a drink and meet others before we start our language practice!
(Remember to tip your bartender $1 a drink!)
4:30pm to 7pm
We will set up specific language tables, look for the sign on each table and that group will be speaking ONLY the language that corresponds to the flag/sign.
You are free to come and go between language tables when you feel like either practicing a language or helping others with your native one.
Fee to cover group costs:
4pm to 5pm - $1
5pm to 6pm - $2
6pm- Check-In is closed (If you arrive after 6pm, look for an organizer to get a nametag)
Also, let's support the venue, AT LEAST 1 DRINK for every hour we spend there!
Special prices for our group only!
- $6 Beer & Wine
- $7 Well Cocktails
- Full Food Menu with Appetizers, Entrees and Desserts!
*Please remember to tip your bartender $1 a drink!
If you don’t drink you can purchase a soda or juice instead, this contributes toward venue so we can continue enjoying it in the future!
If you do not want to spend money, please wait for a different event!
MEETUP RULES: (If you come is because you AGREE to ALL the rules below)
We reserve the right to REMOVE members that break our rules, are rude, aggressive or socially inappropriate towards others.
1. As soon as you come in, CHECK-IN with an organizer, pay the fee, fill out a name tag, we must wear a nametag during the event.
This lets everyone know you are part of our group, making it easier for you to go up to anyone and say hello using their name, therefore creating a friendlier atmosphere!
2. Spend at least 1/4 of your time HELPING out in your native language!
That way we all help each other, you meet people interested in your culture and you make more friends.
3. This a cultural group, NOT A DATING GROUP! We strongly discourage members from giving private information if you are not comfortable doing so if someone asks, is totally OK to tell them to contact you through meetup chat!
*We take pictures during the events, smile!* :-)
Follow us on INSTAGRAM @language.exchange.nyc
Looking forward to seeing you all there!