What we're about
Whether you're a total beginner or a coding ninja/guru/Jedi Master, we're here to learn about programming and computer science in a fun, informal environment -- and also to provide moral support to fight the fears and frustrations that come with learning a new skill or transitioning to a new career. Join our chatoom on Slack: http://learnteachcode.herokuapp.com
Stuff we do at Learn to Code LA:
• Learn programming fundamentals through a variety of languages and platforms together in small groups or pair programming -- everything from short tutorials to day-long hackathons/learnathons!
• Workshops -- build something tangible and learn new skills in our structured group classes!
• Co-working and casual learning -- work on your own projects independently while enjoying the company of like-minded people.
• Discussion groups, especially for language-agnostic topics. (Maybe even a book club?)
• Project show-and-tell -- get feedback, generate ideas, or just show off your mad skillz!
• And other random, fun activities like geeky movie nights and joint events with other meetups!