Let's build a (virtual) computer from basic logic gates all the way up to programming your own video game that runs on your own operating system! The free course NAND2Tetris (http://nand2tetris.org/) is a beginner-friendly intro to computer science that will fundamentally change the way you think about technology.
This is a casual study group to ask/answer questions and work on the course projects together. We all work at our own pace, so some of us are still on chapter 1 while others are farther ahead.
What to bring:
• Your laptop
• Pen and paper
• (Optional) Small cash donation to support our host Null Space Labs (http://www.meetup.com/NullSpaceLabs/)
• 7pm - Intros, check-in on our progress
• 7:30pm - Ask and answer questions or just work on the projects!
• 9pm - For those who want to stay late, sometimes we watch movies, play video games, or just chat. Null Space Labs is always one big geeky party!
• https://github.com/learntocodela/nand2tetris/ (https://github.com/learntocodela/nand2tetris/)- List of all course links and extra resources
• https://l2cla-slackin.herokuapp.com/ - Sign up for our group chat on Slack to keep in touch with us virtually and ask questions any time!
Watch this intro video from one of the NAND2Tetris course instructors for an overview:
First time at Null Space Labs? Read these instructions on how to find it:
Big thanks to Null Space Labs (http://www.meetup.com/NullSpaceLabs/) for hosting us! They have great classes every Saturday on all things tech, and other fun events like lockpicking classes, barbecues, video game nights and more!