Location visible to members
This is an introductory workshop for Android development, which will introduce you to everything needed to start building Android applications. Note that if you do not have any existing object-oriented programming experience, then this is probably not the best workshop for you.
The workshop will be 6 hours of hands-on development from 10 am to 4 pm with breakfast, lunch and coffee provided.
The event will be led by instructors Namrata Ganatra and Roger Hu. Two other teaching assistants will be helping out as well!
This workshop requires you to know an object-oriented programming language like C/C#/Java. We will very briefly review Java concepts but we expect participants to already have a working knowledge of OOP.
We also require that you have setup your machine with the Android development environment and Android Studio (https://docs.google.com/a/thecodepath.com/presentation/d/1iD0sMc-qIG80yZ1AQfDU5nxSAl3Xe4nx-2W_g9yzMSM/edit#slide=id.p) before you attend the workshop so we can jump right in coding when the session starts.
The most effective way to learn Android is just to dive in. Each topic will be briefly covered in a few minutes of lecture and accompanied by several hands-on exercises. Through the course of the day, we will build several applications.
• 5 Hours of Lecture with Online Materials
• Class Exercises with Source Code
• Catered Breakfast & Lunch
• Complimentary Coffee & Snacks
• Wifi & Power Provided
• Setup the Android Development Environment (Instructions (https://docs.google.com/a/thecodepath.com/presentation/d/1iD0sMc-qIG80yZ1AQfDU5nxSAl3Xe4nx-2W_g9yzMSM/edit))
• Your Laptop with Windows or Mac
• Administrator rights on your machine
Email us at [masked] ([masked]) if you have any questions. Look forward to seeing you all there!