Our 7th annual Celebration of `Night of the Cradle- Birth of Goddess Isis' - where Sky Goddess Nut gives birth to the Egyptian Goddess Isis, falls on the night of a Full moon/ partial Lunar Eclipse!! A magical night of deep Transformation awaits us all!! This event will take place on the river banks of the Thames in Central London (near Tate Modern Gallery & Millennium Bridge).
The ceremony will use a blend of Wiccan & adapted Egyptian ritual outlines. (Note: My research indicates Birth of Isis was traditionally celebrated on 17th July.. so we are a day early this time).
** Fee £5 (Concessions £3). Children under 16 **FREE *****
-------- Ceremony outline -----
• A decorative altar with Sky Goddess Nut and a concealed statue of Isis will be set up.
• Opening prayers and /or Meditation (chakra or other)
• Consecrations with salt & water, incense, candles
• Casting magic Circle
• Calling elemental quarters
• Energy raising
• Invocation : Isis called by her many names! Printed sheets provided. Each attendee may utter 10-20 names.
• Goddess Isis (statue) is revealed.
• Milk & flower Ceremony - all bath statue in milk, followed by offering of flowers. These are then offered to the river Thames.
• Magical work (optional)
• Cakes & Wine blessing
• Closing & Grounding work
• Feasting, Socialising… Food & drinks blessed and shared.
• Birthday Party !! (Birthday of Isis).
What to bring--------
-- Please Wear ceremonial robes / masks (Egyptian style if possible).
-- Musical instruments (drums, systrum, bells)
-- Food & drinks to share.
-- Poetry / your own Invocations to honour Goddess Isis
Gather outside the Green area of Tate Modern Gallery (main doors). We'll walk down to the banks of Thames and do this ceremony. If you are late, just find the steps, walk down to river bank, and join us. We're usually under the concrete over-hang/ sheltered space.
Thames & Tides-------
Our rituals tale place on the actual river bank...just few meters away from the water. We organise these Thames-rituals after checking Port of London authority Thames Tide time tables.. to take place at low tide.. (At high tide the entire river bank is under many meters of water!!).
The steps are slippery. bank of Thames after previous tide will be full of new things and sharp objects. Take extreme care with your own health & safety. You are responsible for your safety.
**No children allowed**
**Unfortunately the location is not suitable for anyone with walking disabilities**
What to bring------:
• Please dress appropriate for weather! (we carry on Rituals regardless of weather).
• Please bring food & drinks to share ( bread & cheese / humus are a good start) and any soft drink/wine that you like to share with others in circle.
• a torchlight is a good idea. Feasting/ sharing food & Drinks
Safety of Thames water---------------
Though the water is cleaner to paddle, it is NOT suitable for drinking!! Avoid handling the Thames water.. and if you do by chance, then please use anti-bacterial hand-wash/ wipes to sterilise your hands before handling any food!