Join us to honour Bride and celebrate IMBOLC ceremony in the woods. "Imbolc is said to be the time when the Winter Goddess who has kept her grip on the land loosens her hold, so that the ice melts and waters break and flow again. It is when the Goddess Bride (Brigid) `returns’ to the land. Her path is lit by candles, symbolising the return of light and warmth which is imminent. Bride is a Goddess of poetry, inspiration, healing, knot-magic and weaving. With her, she brings the gifts of 3 flames!"
Date: Saturday 1st February 2020
Time: Official event duration is 4pm (Collecting attendees from meeting point point) to 7pm when Event is expected to conclude in the woods. (You may gather inside the Pub earlier and stay warm, but that is not part of our event, and please do buy something in the pub.)
Venue: Queen's Wood, High Gate.
These events are held in a public Open woods, with rough terrain, and in natural weather conditions (cold/ wet/ sunny/snow).
Gather outside Woodman's Pub (High Gate) for meeting/ Escorting by Ritual team at 4pm sharp
*** Fee: £5 - collected just before entering the Ritual space. **
Suitable for *All* Beginners to Paganism/ Wicca. There is no need to feel nervous or anxious, as we are a down to earth, friendly group of people who organise these. We give explanations of ritual before we start. (more details here a week before ritual).
This is an open ritual held in an outdoor park/woods with easy public access.. Out ritual *Team will conduct key aspects of the ceremony, with plenty of opportunities for everyone to get involved in the actual ritual.
What to bring.
- Please come properly dressed (wam coat/water proof), and with torch light- if traveling back out of the woods on your own. Ritual team stays longer in woods to relax, attune, and tidy up before leaving.
-Bring your own small waterproof Ground sheet - if you wish to sit down during social after ritual. A blanket also helps to keep warm.
- Food & drinks to share.
Journalists/ students / media-
- You may participate just like everyone else, go home and write about it. But we make no additional provisions/ allowances, as these are created and run as magical events for our community. Organiser Mani is available on his own rights as Author, Teacher, Wiccan High Priest for interviews / photos.. outside of these events. see www.Mani.org.uk
- Mani & Ritual Team
1. No photography/ video/ recording allowed during set up or during ritual. During social afterwards it is fine with permission, and for personal keepsake only. No interviews!
2. We operate a strict NO DRUGS policy at any time in our events.
3. You are responsible for your own safety.
4. No children under 16 yrs allowed at this event.
5. We are a small team, so NOT equipped to give special support for anyone with health problems/ walking disabilities. If you attend please arrange your own carer/ friend to offer you support. Woods not easy for wheelchair.