5:15 PM Networking with pizza, soft drinks, and beer
6:00 PM Announcements & Recruiting Shoutouts
6:15 PM Speakers & Demos - 30 min each
Seeking speakers and sponsors: Contact us if you would like to speak at future events!
Food will be sponsored by Datastax. https://www.datastax.com/
Soft drinks and beer sponsored by Navigator Management Partners.
Thank you to our sponsors!
We are partnering with the Columbus Kafka meetup group again for speakers. https://www.meetup.com/Columbus-Kafka/
1) Information is Beautiful [and fast!]: Push driven visualization with Apache Kafka/KSQL and Node.js/Chart.js
Chris Larsen, Systems Engineer, Confluent
2) Apache Cassandra
Michael Denman, Solutions Engineer, Datastax
How to enable an always-on, distributed, cloud-scale database, built on Apache Cassandra™ and designed for hybrid clouds.
3) Deep Learning and Image Processing for the NFL
Armand Salimnejad, Consultant, Navigator Management Partners
Using Deep Learning and Image Processing to predict yardage outcomes on NFL rushing plays.
1) Chris Larsen is a Systems Engineer with Confluent with a background in data visualization, machine learning, and data engineering. For the past 20 years, Chris has been passionate about transforming businesses into being more engaged and literate in the data they produce.
2) Armand Salimnejad is a Consultant at Navigator Management Partners (currently staffed with the State of Ohio's Innovate Ohio Platform)
Data Engineer by day, Data Scientist by night.
Python evangelist and NFL enthusiast.
Hobbies include reading, music, Ultimate and Rocket League.
3) Michael Denman, Solutions Engineer with Datastax, has 35 years of software development and data management experience. He spent 24 years at Oracle helping customers architect relational database solutions and architecting complex data integration solutions. In 2016 he made the move to a more modern distributed, NoSQL data solution at Datastax - the Cassandra experts.
Contact Derek Kane if you wish to speak at our next meetup!
Recruiters are welcomed.