Are the reports in your organization static PDFs or Excel spreadsheets of data? Does your organization rely heavily on IT for reports? Do report recipients spend time manipulating data after they've received it? Power BI and our user group can help!
Topics we cover include:
1. Power BI Desktop query editing, data modeling, and reports
2. Power BI in Excel 2013-2016 (including the Excel data model known as Power Pivot and the query editor known as Power Query, pivot tables & charts)
3. Dashboards, Q&A and Mobile on PowerBI.com
4. Writing DAX & M (all levels)
5. Reporting & visualization best practices
Our group is an official Microsoft Power BI User Group. Our meetups typically include introductions, news, and one longer presentation/discussion. It may be an introduction to one of the above topics, a demonstration or tips/advice/best practices. Our meetings include lots of opportunities to ask questions, share your own experiences, or ask for help. Each meetup includes complimentary pizza & soda.
Beginners are completely welcome. If you build reports or work with data of any kind, you will find your home with us. Power BI Desktop is free. If you spend any part of your day copying/pasting or manipulating data by hand, come along and find out how you can make your job a million times easier. Perhaps you've tried Power BI, and realized that to get the most from the tool, you have to become adept at data modeling? This is the group for you.
Please note that we do not typically cover in any great depth the following topics:
1. SQL Server, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, or writing SQL (check out MADPASS (http://madpass.org/) for topics like this)
2. Excel (except where it pertains to reporting and data analysis) or VBA