What we’re about
This group is for members and visitors to Makespace, a community workshop in Cambridge, UK. The meetups are organised by community members both in the space and elsewhere in Cambridge.
To tweak your email preferences for the group, please go to http://meetup.makespace.org/settings/
We would love to meet:
* Community members, enthusiasts, and educational groups who could benefit from a lab in which to work together, network, socialise, and draw on the expertise of others
* People working within local industries looking to innovate in ways that require new skills, equipment and contacts
* Companies and consultancies that support innovation and prototyping, and who could provide training, support, leading to the sale of their services
* Innovators needing to produce physical prototypes to further their ideas
If this could include you, please help us maintain and grow Makespace by joining now, telling us:
* Who you are, and any company/group affiliation
* What you could contribute to and/or how you could benefit from Makespace
* Any other ideas, requirements or suggestions to improve Makespace
For discussions about the space and making in general, see http://groups.google.com/group/cammakespace
For more on Makespace, see http://makespace.org
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- Raspberry Pi, Arduino/Microcontrollers and CAD Club NightMakespace classroom, Cambridge
Tuesday nights in the Makespace Classroom are Raspberry Pi, Arduino/Micro-controllers and CAD Club meet-ups. Come and join fellow coding and computer aided design enthusiasts for an informal evening of tinkering with tech. Help is on hand to assist you with any problems.
Bring along a project you're working on, or join in with whatever else is going on. We typically have a regular group of Raspberry Pi and Pico experts to help you if you need it. SOLIDWORKS and FreeCAD help is also on hand.
This is a Makespace community outreach event, so non-members are welcome. Just sign up on the meet-up and ring the 'Pi Club' door bell which will be hanging on the Makespace outside door on the night.
- Monthly Members' Social Night!Makespace, Cambridge, CB2 1RX
Makespace's regular members' social before the Members' Meeting.
If you have a recent build or project you would like to show, please bring it or some photos along.
A great chance to meet members new and old, chat about your latest project, or find someone who can help you make it. There will be food and drink but additional contributions are a quick route to popularity. An old Makespace tradition holds that new members should bring cake :-)
If you are a newer Makespace member, we really recommend these nights as a way to get involved and see what's going on at Makespace.
- Member's MeetingMakespace classroom, Cambridge
Do you have a good idea that can make Makespace better? Have you ever wondered how Makespace works? This is the meeting for all members who want know how we are progressing, raise new ideas and discuss where we should be heading in the future.
On the agenda:
How we keep Makespace running (and what you can do to help).
What's going on in the various clubs and areas.
Get support for a new piece of equipment you think we need.
Pitch new ideas for changes to improve Makespace
We hope you can join us in the Classroom or online at https://zoom.us/j/97837993698?wd=OExaWDdZSjB2YitiOGt5aStRMVYrdz09
- Mark II (Carbon reinforced 3D printing) TrainingMakespace Cambridge, Cambridge
Equipment training at Makespace is now split into an online course and a practical session. See https://web.makespace.org/red-equipment-training for more info. This is the practical for the Markforged Mark II printer.
You must have completed the online training course and achieved full marks in both the Safety Quiz and the Mark II Quiz before signing up for this session. When you have completed both quizzes, join the waitlist and the trainer will admit you to the session once they have confirmed your quiz results. Please don't join the waitlist until you have passed the quizzes.
This version of the training limited to printing with Onyx plastic and carbon-fibre filament. You'll have to retake this training should we expand it in the future to cover other materials.
Q: There are no spaces left
A: There probably are, join the waitlist and the trainer will add you to the session once they have checked that you qualify and that there are spaces left.
Q: Can I sign up for this before I have completed the online training course and achieved full marks in both the Safety Quiz and the 3D Printer Quiz?
Q: Is there any charge for this training or the materials used?
Q. Can I be late?
Q. I can't make...
A: Cancel here on meetup so that someone else can have your slot.