What we’re about
This group is for members and visitors to Makespace, a community workshop in Cambridge, UK. The meetups are organised by community members both in the space and elsewhere in Cambridge.
To tweak your email preferences for the group, please go to http://meetup.makespace.org/settings/
We would love to meet:
* Community members, enthusiasts, and educational groups who could benefit from a lab in which to work together, network, socialise, and draw on the expertise of others
* People working within local industries looking to innovate in ways that require new skills, equipment and contacts
* Companies and consultancies that support innovation and prototyping, and who could provide training, support, leading to the sale of their services
* Innovators needing to produce physical prototypes to further their ideas
If this could include you, please help us maintain and grow Makespace by joining now, telling us:
* Who you are, and any company/group affiliation
* What you could contribute to and/or how you could benefit from Makespace
* Any other ideas, requirements or suggestions to improve Makespace
For discussions about the space and making in general, see http://groups.google.com/group/cammakespace
For more on Makespace, see http://makespace.org
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- 🪵 Woodworking EveningsMakespace, Cambridge, CB2 1RX
Are you interested in working on your woodworking project in the company of fellow woodworkers, or do you just want to hang around and bounce some ideas about a project you have in mind? If so, join us on Tuesday evening! A couple of us will be working on our projects and can potentially help you out with yours.
Spaces are limited because the workbenches can accommodate a maximum of 4 people, but if you just want to chat and don't plan on using the space, just come along.
This is NOT a training session. Members only.Not open
- Raspberry Pi, Arduino/Microcontrollers and CAD Club NightMakespace classroom, Cambridge
Tuesday nights in the Makespace Classroom are Raspberry Pi, Arduino/Micro-controllers and CAD Club meet-ups. Come and join fellow coding and computer aided design enthusiasts for an informal evening of tinkering with tech. Help is on hand to assist you with any problems.
Bring along a project you're working on, or join in with whatever else is going on. We typically have a regular group of Raspberry Pi and Pico experts to help you if you need it. SOLIDWORKS and FreeCAD help is also on hand.
This is a Makespace community outreach event, so non-members are welcome. Just sign up on the meet-up and ring the 'Pi Club' door bell which will be hanging on the Makespace outside door on the night.
- Biomaker Meetup: where tech meets biotechMakespace Classroom (Shared Use), Cambridge
This is our monthly in-person, informal meetup @ makespace for anyone interested in bio and tech, with pizza.
This is very much an informal event with no set activities. It is a chance for people to discuss ideas, work on their own biotech projects, or help with ongoing ones (both hardware and software).
One ongoing project is to modify a low cost off-the-shelf beer cooler to become a piece of high tech biolab kit.
We're looking for members interested in helping out with a simple project to build a smartphone-to-digital-microscope-conversion adaptor: https://www.instructables.com/10-Smartphone-to-digital-microscope-conversion/ anyone trained on laser cutter and wood cutting equipment interested?
Anyone interested in developing a raspberry pi camera to fit onto the binocular microscope so we can show the samples we're looking at on a screen.
Join the Biology Club email group for updates and discussions: https://biology-club.makespace.org/
Thanks to the University of Cambridge Engineering Biology Interdisciplinary Research Centre for supporting!
Hope to see you there,
Katia and Richard