What we're about
Upcoming events (4+)
The goal of Office hours is growing businesses. The immediate objective is to gather people running, or thinking about starting, businesses in order to share best practice for exploring market potentials, planning, managing, developing, producing and selling product. The idea is to learn from each other in informal discussions, perhaps to float a few ideas, a strategy, or test some assumptions.
The format is open, flexible and very practical.
The best way to learn is from experience. Hearing how others worked through problems will allow you to learn from their experience, and they from you. Might save you from making the same missteps. It is not meant only as a one-to-one discussion. It works best when several people, each at a different point in the grow of their company, contribute with questions, information, and stories.
We often use “challenge format” to explore and solve business problem in about 30 min. Please do let me know, in the comments below or at
info “at” officehoursgroup.net, if you want to present a challenge. All are welcome.
More about the Office Hours Group, what we will be talking about this week and have discussed can be found at our website: officehoursgroup.net
The Craft Outlet is a store that sells all sorts of arts and crafts supplies and materials, including reclaimed leather in both natural veg tan and chrome tan varieties. Since the prices are good and there is some interest, I'm putting this meeting up to gauge interest and to pencil in a plan to make a MakeSpace members' pilgrimage to give others the opportunity to check it out and see if there's anything good there.
My current plan is that we meet somewhere in/around MakeSpace at 10am on the date and then once assembled, we can head to my car and I will drive us all to the outlet village. It's about a 70-80 minute journey.
The end time on this meetup is entirely arbitrary. I'm happy to stay as long as people want to browse and then we can head back to MakeSpace when ready.
Limit on this meetup is 4 as that's how many I can fit in my car, but if more is interested then we will have to try and arrange other drivers or something.
Electronics is my hobby and my professional career for over a decade and now I would like to try teach electronics to others.
The session is for any makespace members who are beginners and more advanced students
For people who want to learn soldering and circuit theory or just need help with their projects
PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING UP, in the past we have had to turn prospective members away because they have not read this invitation in detail, you must follow the checklist:
- Attend ‘See the Space’ and get a unique code, see note 1
- Sign up on Meetup, see note 2
- Ensure that you have access to your webmail account, see note 3
- If you don’t have a Google account create one, see note 4
- On the morning of your induction make your first payment, see note 5
- Bring 2 forms of documentation as detailed below see note 6
PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE LATE
If you fail to follow the requirements listed above you may be turned away from the induction.
- YOU MUST FIRST visit the space, by coming to a 'See the Space' event - these happen every week and can be found at (http://www.meetup.com/Makespace/events/). If you have not attended a See the Space you will not be inducted. You will be given a unique code to enter in the induction page on Meetup
- Once you have visited the space and would like to become a member, only then can you sign up for this induction. On signing up you will be asked for the unique code
- Ensure that you have access to your webmail from our computers, if you use two factor authentication you can use our Wi Fi, bring along your log-in credentials
- You will need to log into a Google form to run our induction software and to access Google Groups, so if you don’t have a compatible email, please set this up and bring along your log-in credentials
- On the morning prior to attending Induction. set up a regular membership payment by visiting:
Ensure that the receipt goes to the webmail account you will be using at induction as you will have to upload it to enable your membership
- At the induction you must bring two types of ID:
- Any of the listed Government issued photo IDs
-Current, valid full passport (certified copies must show nationality, place and date of birth, passport number, expiry date, photograph and signature)
-Current, valid full UK photo-card driving licence with signature or ‘old style’
-Current, valid UK photo-card provisional licence
-Armed Forces ID Card
-Residence permit showing your full name and current address. This is issued by the Home Office to non-EU Nationals on sight of your own country’s passport
- Any of the listed documents for address verification
-Household utility bill (e.g. utility or fixed line telephone but not a mobile phone bill). It must be no more than three months old and show your name and current address
-Bank, building society or credit card statement.
-Local authority tax bill (e.g. council tax) valid for the current year
-Local authority rent book
-HM Revenue & Customs (Inland Revenue) tax document e.g. tax assessment, statement of account, notice of coding. It must contain your full name and current address. P45s and P60s are not acceptable
-Original notification letter from the relevant benefits agency confirming the right to benefits or state pension
Your own computer or mobile phone cannot be used.
After the induction (which take a little over 2 hours) you will be a full member of Makespace. Your key-fob will be enabled, giving you 24-hour access.
If the next induction is full you can look on the calendar
for another one - if none are shown, then more will be scheduled soon!
If you cannot make your induction, please cancel well in advance, cancelling late means that others do not have time to get to the induction.
If you have problems signing up or have any questions about the induction or about membership more generally, please e-mail membership (at) makespace (dot) org.
And finally, please don’t be late it holds up all the attendees which is not fair to those who have arrived on time.
We look forward to seeing you at Makespace.