What we're about
Upcoming events (5)
The goal of Office hours is growing businesses. The immediate objective is to gather people running, or thinking about starting, businesses in order to share best practice for exploring market potentials, planning, managing, developing, producing and selling product. The idea is to learn from each other in informal discussions, perhaps to float a few ideas, a strategy, or test some assumptions.
The format will be open, flexible and very practical. The best way to learn is from experience. Hearing how others worked through problems will allow you to learn from their experience, and they from you. Might save you from making the same missteps. It is not meant only as a one-to-one discussion. It works best when several people, each at a different point in the grow of their company, contribute with questions, information, and stories.
We will continue the challenge format in which we seek to solve any business problem in about 30 min. Please do let me know, in the comments below, if you want to present a challenge. All are welcome.
PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING UP, in the past we have had to turn prospective members away because they have not read this invitation in detail, you must follow the checklist:
* Attend ‘See the Space’ and get a secret number, see note 1
* Sign up on Meetup, see note 2
* Ensure that you have access to your webmail account, see note 3
* If you don’t have a Google account create one, see note 4
* On the morning of your induction make your first payment, see note 5
* Bring 2 forms of documentation as detailed below see note 6
* Please remember to bring your mask
If you fail to follow the requirements listed above you may be turned away from the induction.
1. YOU MUST FIRST visit the space, by coming to a 'See the Space' event - these happen every week and can be found at (http://www.meetup.com/Makespace/events/). If you have not attended a 'See the Space' you will not be inducted. At 'See the Space' will be given a unique code to enter in the induction page on Meetup.
2. If you have visited the space and would like to become a member, only then can you sign up for this induction. On signing up you will be asked for the unique code
3. Ensure that you have access to your webmail from our computers, if you use two factor authentication you can use our Wi Fi, bring along your log-in credentials
4. You require a Google account to run our induction software and to access Google Groups, so if you dont have one, please set this up and bring along your log-in credentials
5. On the morning prior to attending Induction. set up a regular membership payment by visiting:
Ensure that the receipt goes to the webmail account you will be using at induction as you will have to upload it to enable your membership
6. At the induction you must bring two types of ID
1. Any of the listed Government issued photo IDs
-Current, valid full passport (certified copies must show nationality, place and date of birth, passport number, expiry date, photograph and signature)
-Current, valid full UK photo-card driving licence with signature or ‘old style’
-Current, valid UK photo-card provisional licence
-Armed Forces ID Card
-Residence permit showing your full name and current address. This is issued by the Home Office to non-EU Nationals on sight of your own country’s passport
2. Any of the listed documents for address verification
-Household utility bill (e.g. gas, electric, water or fixed line telephone but not a mobile phone bill). It must be no more than three months old and show your name and current address
-Bank, building society or credit card statement. It must be no more than three months old and show your name and current address
-Local authority tax bill (e.g. council tax) valid for the current year
-Local authority rent book
-HM Revenue & Customs (Inland Revenue) tax document e.g. tax assessment, statement of account, notice of coding. It must contain your full name and current address. P45s and P60s are not acceptable
-Original notification letter from the relevant benefits agency confirming the right to benefits or state pension
Your own computer or mobile phone cannot be used.
After the induction (which take a little over 2 hours) you will be a full member of Makespace. Your key-fob will be enabled, giving you 24-hour access.
If the next induction is full you can look at
for another one - if none are shown, then more will be scheduled soon!
If you cannot make your induction, please cancel well in advance, cancelling late means that others do not have time to get to the induction.
If you have problems signing up or have any questions about the induction or about membership more generally, please e-mail membership (at) makespace (dot) org.
And finally, please don’t be late it holds up all the attendees which is not fair to those who have arrived on time.
We look forward to seeing you, and please don't forget your mask.
This tour is 25min, please be on time.
This is for anyone interested in Makespace to come and look around! If you think you'd like to become a member, or perhaps use Makespace for an event then come and see the space, equipment and meet a few members!