What we’re about
This group is for members and visitors to Makespace, a community workshop in Cambridge, UK. The meetups are organised by community members both in the space and elsewhere in Cambridge.
To tweak your email preferences for the group, please go to http://meetup.makespace.org/settings/
We would love to meet:
* Community members, enthusiasts, and educational groups who could benefit from a lab in which to work together, network, socialise, and draw on the expertise of others
* People working within local industries looking to innovate in ways that require new skills, equipment and contacts
* Companies and consultancies that support innovation and prototyping, and who could provide training, support, leading to the sale of their services
* Innovators needing to produce physical prototypes to further their ideas
If this could include you, please help us maintain and grow Makespace by joining now, telling us:
* Who you are, and any company/group affiliation
* What you could contribute to and/or how you could benefit from Makespace
* Any other ideas, requirements or suggestions to improve Makespace
For discussions about the space and making in general, see http://groups.google.com/group/cammakespace
For more on Makespace, see http://makespace.org
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- Make the SpaceMakespace main room, Cambridge
Getting thing done that need doing.
Clean out the extractor.
Clear out all the excess woodchips in the pipes. Bits are collecting in the unused areas.
Fix the big shelf in the trove (big job, 3 people)
Move laser cutter display wall. Divide between HPC and Trotec.
Stack all chairs on new trolleys
Build a trolley to hold all the foldable small tables.
List to be updated during the month.
- Planer/Thicknesser inductionMakespace secure workshop, Cambridge
- 30min to go through correct usage and safety;
- Each trainee demonstrates how to safely use this machine - usually 20/30min per person.
- Bring a wood piece
- You must be a makespace member and have completed the planer/thicknesser course
While you're in why not lend a hand to Make the space?
- Electronics and soldering [ Cambridge Makespace ]Mill Lane, Cambridge
Electronics is my hobby and my professional career for over a decade and now I would like to try teach electronics to others.
Session is held in Cambridge Makespace building - but you don`t need to be a member - you`ll be sign-in as a guest
This events is for beginners and for everyone who want to learn soldering , electronics or just need help this their projects
Max two guests so RSVP only if your sure you going to attend
- New Members Induction. You MUST bring 2 ID’s - Please read in detailMakespace classroom, Cambridge
PLEASE READ and Complete ALL REQUIREMENTS BEFORE SIGNING UP
PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE LATE. We will not admit you after 2PM as a late start means a late finish and that is not fair to the other members being inducted.
We encourage you to arrive early, so that you have time to log in and be ready before 2p.m. and to have a chat.
You cannot be Inducted if you have not:
- Attended a ‘See the Space’ tour : https://www.meetup.com/Makespace/events/. You will be given code at after the tour.
- Joined the wait list with the code given at the See the Space
- Ensured that you have your Google email account credentials and two factor authentication ready with you. You will use our computers to complete your induction on a Google form.
- Made your payment. Please do this on the morning of your induction.
- Brought 2 forms of ID one from each list:
Government issued photo IDs : -Current, valid full passport,photo-card driving licence, Armed Forces ID Card, Residence permit showing your full name and current address.
Address verification: Household utility bill,Bank, building society or credit card statement, Local authority tax bill, HM Revenue & Customs tax document
- Your own computer or mobile phone cannot be used for the induction
- After the induction (which takes a little over 2 hours) you will be a full member of Makespace. Your key-fob will be enabled, giving you 24-hour access.
- If you cannot make your induction, please cancel well in advance, cancelling late means that others do not have time to get to the induction.
- If you have problems signing up or have any questions about the induction or about membership more generally, please e-mail membership (at) makespace (dot) org.
PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE LATE. We will not admit after 2PM
We look forward to seeing you at Makespace.