Whether you want to "ride along" on someone else's trips, plan & host your own, or just ride with new friends on the mountain - Meet up with your skiing, boarding, and MTB'ing peeps here! Join the fun!
Mammoth Riders revel in skiing and boarding in the Winter and/or mountain biking and hiking in the Summer, and we want to share in the adventure with other like-minded individuals. Our goal is to offer a forum for skiing, boarding, and other mountain sports enthusiasts to get together, organize, host, or simply participate in group trips and adventures, and to promote and enjoy our sports in the most relaxed, fun, and social environment possible.
Overall, this group is social but laid back. We pretty much plan our trips well, and then play our “plan” by ear depending on each group’s dynamic. It works out quite nicely for the diversity and interests of our members!
If you are fun, adventurous, love the snow and/or MTB, and enjoy social networking and Chillaxin’, we welcome you!
You really should join our group if you like: Mammoth Lakes, Downhill Skiing, Boarding, Cross Country Skiing, Back Country Skiing, Mountain Biking, Condo-shares, Fun, happy, relaxed group dynamics, Planning and hosting trips, filling a few spots in your condo share, or simply joining along on trips that others have organized, Carpool Connections, After Slopes Social time, Happy Hours, Group Dinners, Sharing Cooking Secrets, Games, Entertainment, and talking story about your adventures on the slopes and otherwise!
ALL SKILL LEVELS AND SPORTING INTERESTS ARE WELCOME—We may even venture into summertime hiking, climbing, kayaking, and more, because Mammoth is so versatile, and our adventure palette is so diverse!
We plan group trips skiing/boarding/biking mostly at Mammoth, but encourage and welcome you to join in and plan and post adventures in the many other wonderful resorts both at home and abroad.
Note 1: You must be a member of the group to organize and host your own trips, or go on a Mammoth Riders trip. Please sign up if you are not a member.
This is a not for profit meetup group. You do not need to pay the group in order to organize and host your own trip.
DISCLAIMER and WAIVER OF LIABILITY***The Organizer and Assistant Organizers in this group are not professional guides. The function of the organizer(s) is only to organize the meetup and offer a forum for other Mammoth Riders to meet friends on the Trails and Slopes. Each person who signs up for a trip/meetup/or outing is responsible for his or her own safety. By signing up for a Mt.Bike ride, ski/boarding trip, or any other event organized by this group, you are acknowledging that you are aware of the risks, dangers and hazards associated with any outdoor activity and freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards. In addition, you further agree to release and discharge the Organizer and Assistant Organizers of the Mammoth Riders Meetup Group from and against any and all liability arising from your participation in the group activities.***
To become/remain a member of Mammoth Riders – Skiing, Boarding, and MTB you MUST provide a current photo of yourself, answer the New Member Profile questions, and by filling out the questions you acknowledge the Waiver of Liability outlined below:
By joining this Meetup group, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY outlined below:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Mammoth Riders and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from many of the activities is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury continues to exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I acknowledge and represent that I am physically and mentally qualified to participate in the activities of the Santa Barbara Ski & Sports Club without undue risk to myself or others, and I agree to use reasonable and ordinary care to avoid increasing the risk of injury to myself and others while observing or participating in such activities; and
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Mammoth Riders - Skiing, Snowboarding, & Mountain Biking, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and leasers of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. I agree that this release will apply to all known and unknown as well as unanticipated claims, injures and damages resulting from club activities, as well as those now disclosed and all rights under section 1542 of the Civil Code of California and hereby are expressly waived. Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California reads as follows: “A general release does not extend to claims which the (person signing the release) does not know or suspect to exist in his (or her) favor, at the time of execution of the release, which if known by him (or her) must have materially affected his (or her) signing the release.”