This year we are partnering with Vegans of UBC so you may see many new faces. Join us for a vegan compassionate Thanksgiving Potluck and partake in this feast of thanks and bounty with FABULOUS PRIZES!
Most attendees may not be vegan, but please be sure to bring a vegan dish. We expect over 300 for this annual event so this is your chance to build community. This is a family-friendly event, so please bring your loved ones young and old, veg or non.
Entry is by donation. Doors open at 4:30. This year's event will be MC'd by Stevan Mirkovich of Think Green fame. We will also have musical entertainment at the beginning and end of the event, but not during most of the eating time, so you'll have lots of time to socialize.
Stay tuned for updates.
This is an animal-friendly event, so please bring a vegan dish, cut and portioned for serving, with at least 8 servings (=8 big scoops). Vegan means no dairy, eggs, honey, gelatin, whey/casein, or other animal byproducts. You don't have to cook, though--food from a deli is A-OK. Please bring an ingredients list for your dish.
Also, please bring a plate, cup, and cutlery for yourself, and *a serving utensil for your dish*. (a bag for your dirty dishes would be useful, too)
We hope to be serving some delicious vegan roasts to compliment the dinner.
This event will feature a fabulous RAFFLE fundraiser. Please bring some $ for a chance to win some amazing prizes. Tickets are $3 each or 2 for $5.
Proceeds from this event will go to cover Meatless Meetup's and Vegans of UBC's costs and to Earthsave Canada's school talks program.
SOME of the FABULOUS PRIZES for our 2018 raffle:
• Ten $20 gift certificates for Po Kong vegetarian restaurant
• Ten $20 gift certificates for Sun Bo Kong vegetarian restaurant
• $50 gift certificate to Indigo Age Cafe
• $50 gift certificate from Blue Heron Dairy-Free Cheese Shop
• Two $25 gift cards for Buddhafull
• Two $20 gift cards for MEET
• Gift Card from Green Moustache in Lonsdale
• $40 gift certificate from Eternal Abundance
• $20 gift certificate from PureBread
• Two $15 gift certificates from Bandidas Taqueria
• Gift certificate for 2 dinners at veg All India Sweets & Restaurant
• 5-class pass from Unity Yoga
• A month of personal training/ coaching services from Lift Performance
• Gift Basket from PlantBase Food & Natural Products
• Gift Basket from Herbaland
• Gift Basket from Spent Coffee Roasters
• Gift bag of loose teas from Unity Yoga
• 200-g pouch of organic turmeric powder from Quidditas
• set of water bottles
"Voluptuous Vegan" cookbook
"Cheesy Vegan" cookbook
"The Plant-Based Journey" by Lani Muelrath
"The Plant-Based Power Diet" by Leslie Beck, RD
"Healing the Vegan Way" by Mark Reinfeld
"Skinny Bitch: Home, Beauty & Style" by Kim Barnouin
"Quantum Wellness" by Kathy Freston
"Ani's Raw Food Kitchen" by Ani Phyo
"Naturally Lean: 125 Nourishing Gluten-Free, Plant-Based Recipes" by Allyson Kramer
"The Way We Eat: Why Our Food Choices Matter" by Peter Singer and Jim Mason
"Green for Life" by Victoria Boutenko
and LOTS More !
Transportation: The event is located right next to the bus loop so we are encouraging all who can to take transit. For those taking cars, there are also 2 parkades located on each side of the building, with the Health Sciences parkade being the closest (about a 1 minute walk away). Parking is a flat fee of $8 for weekends and holidays. There is also some metered street parking outside the Nest at that time, which is $1.75/half hour. Drivers can also park for free just off campus in the residential areas off Blanca and take a bus into the campus.