We have a fun 3.5 hour walkabout through the urban, hip and colorful neighborhoods of Tennyson, Berkley and West Highlands. Come prepared to learn all kinds of fun facts and history on these unique NW Denver communities while also burning a few hundred calories along the way. (Photo below of Berkley Lake in the Fall)
- New Walk2Connect Host Julie Mosley! Walk2Connect is growing and we want to welcome Julie Mosley as a new Meetup Walk2Connect trip leader! She will be facilitating this fun walking trip. Julie completed her International Tour Director Certification in March 2012 with the aim of creating memorable experiences for people on trips all over the world. As a Colorado native, Julie loves sharing her knowledge of local history, stories and even a few secrets with those that join her various adventures. She believes that walking gives people a unique opportunity to connect with their communities, enjoy the outdoors, and practice being present. With a half-glass full attitude, Julie embraces beauty in the everyday and takes every opportunity to laugh. (Photo below of Julie)
- Mileage: 5 Miles
- **NEW LIABILITY WAIVER: Visit the 'Files' section of the Walk2Connect page (located in the 'more' section) to download the Walk2Connect Liability Waiver form if you haven't already. Please read, print and sign the Walk2Connect Liability Waiver form and bring it to the walk. - Thank you!
- Difficulty: Easy/Moderate (please note that all of our walking trips can be difficult based on their length if you're not used to walking for this long. Feel free to email Jonathon directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're unsure. It's usually very easy to re-route participants if they want to cut the walk short. I'm also happy to share the route with you in advance if you would like to see it.)
- Terrain: Urban / Residential. All sidewalk and greenway / some gravel
- Schedule & Meeting Location: We will meet at 5:00PM in front of Smiley Branch Library on SE corner of Berkley Park. We should finish NO later than 8:30PM.
- Dinner / Food: Please plan to bring a snack and/or have something light to eat before our walk. We'll have time to stop for a quick taco or something fast along the route!
- Cost: $10 pp. Please use the paypal feature associated with this event. You are also welcome to pay by cash or check. Please leave a comment on this event page or contact Julie through the Meetup page. Please make checks payable to: Walk2Connect.
- Parking: Plenty of parking near park, near library and throughout neighborhood.
- Weather: We are in the late Summer season, so please come prepared with enough layers and/or waterproof gear in case we do run into cooler weather or rain.
- Breaks, Restrooms: There will be places to use the restroom along the route.
- Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!)
- Light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
- Hat and breathable clothing (non-cotton)
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
- Rain jacket or poncho in case of rain
**Please SAVE the DATE for the NE Walk Fest happening on Saturday, August 24th in NE Denver! More details and to register for FREE here: www.NEWalkFest.com (http://www.newalkfest.com)
Jonathon & Walk2Connect Team
Feel free to use the comment feature of this event page or contact us at: email@example.com if you have any questions.