Join us for a lunchtime stroll. Walk2Connect hosts a FREE get-out-and-move opportunity every Thursday leaving from Governor's Park on 7th Avenue between Logan & Pennsylvania. Designed to fit into a lunch break, this new 45-minute walk heads up E 7th Avenue to Williams or High Street, where we’ll take a turn around the green space there and return back on 7th. We'll explore new routes in this lovely area as the walk becomes more established, but we'll always get back by 1p.m.
Come out and explore Denver by foot, meet a new friend, or just clear your mind so you can get back to work with more vigor. You can count on Walk2Connect trips for a fun, easy-going, communal and social on-foot experience. This is also a great way to meet other 'daily' walking friends nearby.
- Mileage: 2
- Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Terrain: (Urban/Residential) Mostly sidewalks. Approx. 1 block of green space (unpaved).
- Schedule & Meeting Location: We will meet at 12:15pm near the playground at Governor's Park, make introductions, answer any questions, and lightly warm up. We should be done walking no later than 1:00pm. You can of course leave early if you need to!
- Parking: Ample street parking on 7th, Pennsylvania, and Logan.
- Cost: FREE!
- Social dogs welcome on relatively short leash as we often pass many people and dogs on our route.
- Weather: We are in the Winter season, so please come prepared with enough layers, gloves, hats, etc. for you to be warm and comfortable. Walking shoes or boots are best as we will encounter some un-shoveled walks and icy patches at street crossings.
- Breaks, Restrooms: Port-a-potties at the park, but planning restroom before arrival is recommended (trader joe's, across the street, may have public restroom).
- Cancellations: Rain or shine. Will cancel if below 15 degrees, blowing snow, or heavy rain. Notification will be made through Meetup, or via email if you've contacted me directly.
As many of you know, Colorado Ramblers is a part of Walk2Connect, a Colorado based social enterprise and we're excited about ALL of our walking opportunities. Please sign-up for our emails and check back to our trip schedule on our main website for other walking trips on the calendar. You can also follow us on Facebook here.
- Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!)
- Light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
- Gloves, scarf, beanie
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
- Bring many (thinner) layers depending on anticipated temperature and light rain gear just in case. I would avoid big/bulky winter coats as you will warm up once we walk and its way easier to shed/store light clothing.
I hope you'll come out to enjoy this unique opportunity to connect with one another, ourselves, and our surroundings.
Feel free to contact me at if you have any questions: