TYPE: STSP Monthly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Sidewalks | DISTANCE: Approx. 2 miles
Walk Description: With so much public art and history in the Golden Triangle, it'd be a shame to pass beautiful sculpture and not know it's purpose! Join us for Final Friday on a free Public Art Walking tour of the neighborhood!
Join us to celebrate FINAL FRIDAY with a free Public Art Tour! Tours will take off from the information kiosk at the end of Martin Plaza (by the cow statues) and conclude at COLORCON located at Temple Denver.
Tours depart from the south end of Martin Plaza (right by the famous cow statues!). Tours encapsulate about one hour and one mile of walking or standing on concrete. Please bring water and wear comfortable shoes!
COLORCON is a community mural event with live painting and live music connecting communities through beautifying the future through art. You can get your free ticket from their website.
Walking Movement Leader: Morgan Brittany Russo is an enthusiastic Associate Broker at 1858 Real Estate who is also a proud resident of Sunnyside. She has been leading walks since 2015 and recently accepted a seat on the Board of Directors of the Golden Triangle Creative District.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at 5:50 at the south end of Martin Plaza (right by the famous cow statues!). This will be a monthly walk happening on the FINAL FRIDAY of every month. There is meter parking. Civic Center Station Buslines: 0L, 3L, 16L, 83D, 83L, 87L, 100L, 116X, 122X, CV/CS/CX, EV/ES/EX, FF4, FF7, P, R/RC/RX, Free MallRide, and Free MetroRide.
Follow this link to find your route ---> http://www.rtd-denver.com/civic-center.shtml
Metered & street parking is available surrounding the park. Follow this link for parking lot suggestions ---> https://email@example.com,-104.9928826,16z/data=!3m1!4b1
Please allow ample time for public transit/parking.
– Dogs not are allowed on this walk.
– Accessibility: If you’re using a stroller or in a wheelchair, keep in mind we will be on sidewalks but crossing traffic.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable shoes & clothing.
– Restrooms (porto-potties) are available at Mad Greens or the DAM. Please plan on using the restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as flooding, hail, or lightning. Check Meetup, this page, or contact the leader if you are unsure.
FAQs: Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Nope, don't worry, we'll keep track!
RSVP: You register for this walk by RSVPing to the Meetup B) or emailing Morgan at russomorgan (at) gmail (dot) com,[masked].
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH