What we're about
This activity is dedicated to the memory of Shri G V Karandikar, the Patron Saint of thousands of SanskritLovers, who passed away on August 30, 2014 at the age of 92.
This is a group of Sanskrit lovers/Sanskrit students/experts who will take up a small Sanskrit text for reading together. While not strictly taboo, the focus will be away from religious literature.
Meetups would be held as often as posible. Currently, a venue is available near Andheri Station (E) from 4 PM - 6 PM on (almost) every Sunday.
It is not expected that every person attend every week's meetup. But we hope there will be sufficient participants on any one day.
It would be great if the group becomes big enough to be split localitywise, with some basic coordination amongst the local meetups. Of course, I can daydream a lot, but you can make it happen!
Computers and wi-fi internet are available at the venue for the use of this meetup. Texts selected for reading will generally be something available online.
In every meetup, the schedule will be (subject to suggestions from members):
1. "Something New from All India Radio's Sanskrit news": AIR's Sanskrit news are a great source of inspiration and also present a great repository of "Practical Sanskrit Usage". (10 minutes)
2. "A short topic from Grammar" without bothering whether it was understood well or not. (10 minutes)
3. "Group reading from a remarkable Sanskrit text": A chosen excerpt (30 minutes) from prose or poetry
4. "Individual reading from the text above": Another excerpt (30 minutes)
5. "Discussions followed by Questions for the next meetup": (30 minutes)
6. "Planning for the next meetup"
The organizer does not know much Sanskrit. A sanskrit translation of the above would be appreciated. Thanks.